U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-03-2008, 08:30 PM

2,412 posts, read 3,400,817 times
Default Lenscrafters question (or other Glasses places)

Quick Question...

I really like all of the designer frames that Lenscrafters offers....

Which one of their local locations is the largest? I have been to the one at La Cantera, and it seems kind of small. They really did not seem to have a great selection for guys

Also, if someone has an idea of a better places to get these types of frames with a great selection, please let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 PM

777 posts, read 1,583,447 times
Seriously, if you need glasses and you don't want to just arbitrarily pay an outrageous price, go see Mike Yucnits <sp?> at My $39.95. That guy started saving me money when I was a low paid SSgt with a wife and two kids in glasses and it seemed like they were always getting broken. I can't tell you how many times he fixed my kid's glasses for free - zero dollars. I'm sure you won't pay the low price for the top of the line frames, but I'm telling you, if you don't at least check him out, you are wasting money.

Oh, and I guess you can get a tattoo or a pearcing while you wait!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:54 PM

2,746 posts, read 9,558,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
Seriously, if you need glasses and you don't want to just arbitrarily pay an outrageous price, go see Mike Yucnits <sp?> at My $39.95. That guy started saving me money when I was a low paid SSgt with a wife and two kids in glasses and it seemed like they were always getting broken. I can't tell you how many times he fixed my kid's glasses for free - zero dollars. I'm sure you won't pay the low price for the top of the line frames, but I'm telling you, if you don't at least check him out, you are wasting money.

Oh, and I guess you can get a tattoo or a pearcing while you wait!
Glasses yes. I wouldn't recommend their piercing services though!

Another alternative is Jackson-Lujan on Fredericksburg.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 PM

944 posts, read 2,083,764 times
Get the frames somewhere nice, and the lenses at Costco. (I can't believe I'm recommending anything from Costco, but there you go.) Last time I checked, lenses at Costco were half the price of the LensCrafter and other boutique ripoffs. Only go to Costco, though, if you have a simple, straightforward prescription. BTW, I have not found a place in SA that sells truly fashionable frames. You've got to hit the trendier parts of the USA for that.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:02 AM

2,412 posts, read 3,400,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Get the frames somewhere nice, and the lenses at Costco. (I can't believe I'm recommending anything from Costco, but there you go.) Last time I checked, lenses at Costco were half the price of the LensCrafter and other boutique ripoffs. Only go to Costco, though, if you have a simple, straightforward prescription. BTW, I have not found a place in SA that sells truly fashionable frames. You've got to hit the trendier parts of the USA for that.
Funny you say that, because, as I have been browsing recently ( I can get a new pair in January with my INS ) I have noticed that the selection at the Lenscrafters and PearlVisions here are no where near as nice as they are in Virginia

Old 11-04-2008, 08:59 AM

944 posts, read 2,083,764 times
I'm not surprised, IonRedline08,

Moderator cut: off-topic

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-04-2008 at 11:43 PM..

Old 11-04-2008, 11:30 AM

3,705 posts, read 4,871,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
I have to agree with you on Costco frames. I browsed through there selection at the Selma location, and while in my opinion semi limited, the selection they did have was very nice.

I have bought both my Vera Wang frames from an optical off 151 in that newer shopping center, I forget the name of the center, but the optical is called I believe "After Hours Optical." It is family owned and the two ladies who work there are extremely helpful and courteous. They have a decent selection of really nice brands and I have a difficult prescription yet they were able to have my lenses and frames ready to go within the hour, which in my 20+ years of wearing glasses has never happened.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio