Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 PM
djw djw started this thread

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times

Advertisements

Anyone have a fence builder they can recommend?
And I need to get some estimates on rock excavating/dirt filling/sod laying for next spring. It's not your DIY landscaping job (at least not for ME!)
I already have one quote from a CD favorite - JT, but wanted a few more to compare.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 12:53 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times
we are having our fence moved up by a company called Olguin Brothers Fencing --- they are out of New Braunfels --- they are the fencing contractors in our new neighborhood and they seemed pretty reasonable to us --- they are moving our fence up 40ft on one side and 30ft on the other and they are moving the gate, adding posts etc all for $780 ---

a neighbor down the street had his fence moved up similar lenghs and paid $1800, but he had some crown molding also put in by the same guy and that was the price for everything together --- but it still seemed really high, imo...

let me know if you can't find their number...

Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
No, oh no, oh NO!!! You're not gonna do that to your gorgeous backyard, are you????

Old 11-16-2008, 08:55 AM
djw djw started this thread

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
No, oh no, oh NO!!! You're not gonna do that to your gorgeous backyard, are you????

yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to in order to compete in the neighborhood re home sales. Something about marketing a 4br house to a family - they may want to let their kids and dogs out everynow and then. The dogs wouldn't mind the scrub brush back there, but the kids may not like the snakes and scorpions hiding in the weeds!

Xeriscape is the obvious choice, but I'm not spending that kind of money for something the next owner may not enjoy. Just gonna throw some grass down and run like h311!

Trying to find my HOA stuff to see if I can put up one of those game fences instead of a privacy fence back there. I've already hacked down all the "wildflower" leftovers. Taking it in baby steps!

It wasn't as nice this summer, but here's some of the beauties from last year. A weed by any other name....
Attached Thumbnails
Fence and yard improvements-flower_2.jpg   Fence and yard improvements-flower_1.jpg  

Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
True. 'Twill make it sell faster. Ya know I just LOVE your backyard!!!! Good idea on the game fence, tho! IIRC, you ARE allowed to use those, especially along the back. Wish we were in a position to move ~ I'd buy your house and say "leave the backyard just as it is!!!"

Good luck with the transformation! I'm sure it will turn out beautifully!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio