U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 PM

162 posts, read 549,714 times

Advertisements

I completed the Real Estate principles, practices, and ethics (90-hours) from Las Vegas, NV, through Moderator cut: real estate url
, but I did not pursue my license in Jul 2004.

I would like to know if TREC will accept this out-of-state certificate along with my transcripts which show BS, AS, and AA degrees in accounting and management information systems. I will submit all documents to TREC for evaluation tomorrow. Any assistance or tips in getting my license, please advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,742,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HI2VegasNowSA View Post
I completed the Real Estate principles, practices, and ethics (90-hours) from Las Vegas, NV, through Century 21 MoneyWorld (http://www.c21moneyworld.com/course-offerings.rub) (broken link), but I did not pursue my license in Jul 2004.

I would like to know if TREC will accept this out-of-state certificate along with my transcripts which show BS, AS, and AA degrees in accounting and management information systems. I will submit all documents to TREC for evaluation tomorrow. Any assistance or tips in getting my license, please advice.

Congrats on your license~ I wish I could help, but TREC will provide the answers that you need. Also networking with local Moderator cut: real estate company realtors as well as joining SABOR and NAR here in town. The Alamo Institute of realtors is another great resource for information. Good luck and welcome to San Antonio!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:16 PM

469 posts, read 2,170,213 times
Texas has one of the longest hour requirements of all the states, more than California even (and you know how the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia likes to make everything twice as hard as everyone else, just for fun). It doesn't matter what you have your degree in, you will get the same credit if you had a phD in Physics or a BS in accounting. TREC will let you know what yours count for but I'm going to guess that they'll tell you that you need to take Real Estate Priciples I and II (for Texas, 2 30 hour courses), Law of Contracts (30 hours), Law of Agency (30 hours), and one other core course (30 hours). And then you take the test. There's a time limit on how long you can go between taking the courses and taking the test, as I recall it's 6 months. I have heard horror stories about the test taking, like I know a guy who was the only one to pass out of the 12 people there that morning. Or the one guy who had to take it 7 times before he passed. I took the Baylor correspondent courses so I never spoke to a person or got any advice from anyone. I studied for a total of maybe 2 hours for the test and passed it so I have no idea what kind of awful time other people had with it but it's not bad. Of course I took p-chem in college and as far as I'm concerened nothing TREC could come up with could be even remotely as horrid as p-chem. The stuff is tedious but not hard at all. I have a BS in Chemistry, trust me, I know dull.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Thanks for your replies. I should be hearing from TREC within 10 days, and I'll need to take what ever courses required to get my license in Texas. My brother-in-law completed only the Real Estate correspondence in San Diego, CA, while waiting for his next in Jack N' the box, and he passed the test on his first try. He has no degree. He's a realtor in San Diego, CA, and he plans to get his license here in Texas as well. I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,889 times
Texas is difficult but nothing to be scared of. I passed both the state and national tests the first try. I took all my courses online w/ 15 yrs in the industry. I know quite a few people w/ no past exp. and they passed the first time. Everyone is different. Not sure if any of your prior courses will help but good luck!!!! Just keep in mind Texas is it's on country and does everything differently.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 PM

I worked as loan officer in Hawaii and Vega$, and I have been investing on rental properties in Hawaii, Vegas, and now here in SA. I have two rentals here in SA (one near Sea World and one near UTSA), and my good friend from Hawaii, now a loan officer and a realtor in Washington State are planning to partner up here in SA. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:43 PM

469 posts, read 2,170,213 times
As I understand it the testing and requirements in TX are much different than in Cali (I had several friends who got their licenses there, like every one and their mother) but it's not by any means difficult here, just tedious. I took the test and passed it in a fraction of the time allotted.
I do know that business is booming out here though so it's a great market to be in. Unfortunately I don't do any residential so I can't help you out there. I'm in real estate development so my license is more of an accessory of sorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or