Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:43 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,304,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I revised it a bit.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/...67cdc0c7_b.jpg

That's Near West Side. It's hard to see.

Gosh...I think you might get a lot of interpretations from that map. May I ask what you're using it for?

Some people define areas according to the school districts....ie NEISD, which really is more North than East. Reagan and Churchill and Lee high schools are definitely NOT even close to being East anywhere, but they fall in the NE school dist.

And downtown...is just downtown. I suppose if this is for your person use, and if it makes sense to you then that's all that matters. The city is growing so fast that a lot of the areas are becoming hard to define. The Near EAST side is definitely much different than the far East area which is more rural and less developed. Sorry...I'm sort of rambling.

LF....the Realtor maps are pretty helpful.....do they not suit your purposes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
TEXHWYMAN knows what the intent is but I'm not too sure if I can share it here without getting into trouble. But long story short, I'm starting a website and the boundaries of the "Sides" is important. Basically since it's not defined and basically ambigious I am going off my own definitions from years of development work as well as other things.

Honestly I wasn't asking for personal suggestions as I know it differs from one to the other. I was simply asking if what I posted was as close as it gets.
Thanks for clarifying. That's all I needed to know. Now everyone else who replies will know what to expect.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:02 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,973,866 times
I'd get rid of the near west side and make that the "west side" then use 410 as the boundary from "west side" to "far west side".

Sorry but if you ask the people who live their 90% will say it is the "far west side".

Old 11-30-2008, 01:04 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Gosh...I think you might get a lot of interpretations from that map. May I ask what you're using it for?

Some people define areas according to the school districts....ie NEISD, which really is more North than East. Reagan and Churchill and Lee high schools are definitely NOT even close to being East anywhere, but they fall in the NE school dist.

And downtown...is just downtown. I suppose if this is for your person use, and if it makes sense to you then that's all that matters. The city is growing so fast that a lot of the areas are becoming hard to define. The Near EAST side is definitely much different than the far East area which is more rural and less developed. Sorry...I'm sort of rambling.

LF....the Realtor maps are pretty helpful.....do they not suit your purposes?

I know...weird replying to my own post. This is more of an edit/clarification. Somehow when I posted last night I totally missed the second page with additional explanations. Good luck with your project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio