Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:36 AM

51 posts, read 230,820 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what personal trainers charge in the SA area or outside the area, especially NE of SA? Also are there personal trainers who do house calls? Any info would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 03:10 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,703 times
If you go to a gym they are around $60-80/hour. I know my trainer does at home sessions but I have no idea how much more that is.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. I appreciate it!!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:18 PM

No problemo! If you end up needing a number for one let me know and I can refer you. If anything you can at least see if he knows of someone in your area.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Personal Trainers

Thanks again. I am a personal trainer and will be looking for jobs --- hopefully NE of SA in the Hill Country. Anyone have any suggestions?? I am considering doing private lessons in homes ---- any ideas? Thanks

Old 02-28-2007, 02:00 PM

I think San Antonio was listed as either the fatest city in Texas or maybe the nation, I can't remember. I do know that personal trainers have a hard time of it here. Hopefully with the influx of us southern Californians that'll change but it's not going to be easy! I'd start advertising in the expensive neighborhoods or those subdivions that were built to be geared towards out of staters. I knoe there are a lot of people in the Dominion and Alamo Heights that have masseuses come to their homes, they might do personal trainers too. My subdivision has a newsletter that you can purchase ad space in and many of the residents here are from Cali or the east coast.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:20 PM

9 posts, read 43,669 times
You are right- San Antonio is a really tough market for us personal trainers. If you are a personal trainer not working in a gym it can be tough (that's my situation- I do in home and outdoor bootcamps). What I would recommend is define your target market (post surgery rehab patients, prenatal, etc) and try to market yourself that way. You can be a lot more successful as an in home PT if you have a specialty.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,210 times
Yes, it is a tough market, so maybe y'all should just pack it in and go back to SoCal.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,135,904 times
^^^
Tru dat!!!! LoL

Old 08-27-2008, 11:20 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,360,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
I think San Antonio was listed as either the fatest city in Texas or maybe the nation, I can't remember. I do know that personal trainers have a hard time of it here. Hopefully with the influx of us southern Californians that'll change but it's not going to be easy! I'd start advertising in the expensive neighborhoods or those subdivions that were built to be geared towards out of staters. I knoe there are a lot of people in the Dominion and Alamo Heights that have masseuses come to their homes, they might do personal trainers too. My subdivision has a newsletter that you can purchase ad space in and many of the residents here are from Cali or the east coast.
Wow Michelle.... Just exactly what subdivisions are geared toward "out of staters"....especially Southern Californians? Physical fitness is certainly a good thing, but it obviously doesn't have an impact on internal beauty or a gracious attitude.

I have to agree with the expert....who is actually in the biz. Anyone who is self employed should find a "niche" market. Network with chiropractors, orthopedic doctors, hospitals, and gyms and see what might emerge of interest to you. You might start off at one of the physical therapy clinics or gyms and be a transitional therapist for patients or clients that need additional therapy at home. I know of two people right off the bat that have to drive out of the way before work to get their post surgery therapy in.

You might also try some of the high schools or Universities or athletic organizations. Kids needing additional guidance for upcoming sports seasons or potential college scholarships might be a great niche. Lots of great avenues.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio