Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:33 PM

6 posts, read 6,442 times

Advertisements

We are not Ghetto we are actually Senior NCO's and Field Grade Housing, but we are at a low for Father figures with deployments but Mom's can be just as nasty. Also, we are a Joint community which means their different chains of command work differently. I have already told my daughter that if she feels threatened to throw down and pretend it is her little brother or her big sister. She would scare the crap out of the bully because she is actually quite forceful when she wants to be. But she is also, a nine year old very white little girl. Always taught to play nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:47 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Ooookay. Nobody said you were ghetto and it doesn't matter where you live on base/post/station/whatever or what housing you're in (Amn, NCO, SrNCO, Officer, etc). And we're going through Joint Basing too---you still have a First Sergeant of some type/kind. Chains of commands are not different from one service to another. You still have a First Sergeant. This person goes by different names in different services; however, each service's unit should have at least one. Contact him/her for assistance in resolving this problem that can turn serious.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,530 times
Default "Oo, you just wait till your father gets home!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenschiefs View Post
But of course, now a days, that isn't the correct thing to do, and that is why some kids run their parents lives! No discipline seems to be the norm now.... I thank god for all the beatings I got....I deserved everyone of them. And I never even thought to talk back to my parents or jeez, hit them! Too may shows on TV today with kids hitting parents and treating them like crap....but, we can just shove some kind of medicine in them and hopefully that helps! Sorry....just my two cents.
I got my butt belt-whupped consistently literally all of my life too.....but I certainly do not call it abuse, rather, I kind of even wish I got whupped even a BIT more because I still managed to still somehow get a bit too much of a cussy mouth {of course, perhaps that was simply inevitable considering my classmates gradually taught me that.....and maybe also so did PENTHOUSE readers' letters, heh}.....not that I should start posting badword-laden diatribes in CD, I don't think, ha.......

"They have a right to censure that have a heart to help." -William Penn

Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 PM

6 posts, read 6,442 times
OK, so how do I find out what unit or Squad he is assigned to? My child is still reluctant to give names, only lists the threats that are coming her way. One of which I thought died out long ago. Do kids still really flush others head in the toilet?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
The OP did nothing wrong but could have did things better. She did alright though. Talking to their parents would have been better. Calling the police would have been best if a stolen scooter was involved.

The most important thing in all this is saving your child from the psychological damage of bullying.

Get involved, only back off if he can stop it himself, which he cannot with such age differences, and let him know it is better to get them in trouble with each occasion rather than hide, try to ignore, or deal with it.

Your reputation, the feelings of the bully's parents, thinking it will get worse with your child if you report it are all considerations that should take the backseat. Bullies bully when they know they can get away with it. They do not like people fighting back, reporting them, or having someone that is simply not going to tolerate that.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,530 times
Default "That's *MY* possession. Return it."

Plus, I have also heard enough times and recommendations in the past about how it does help when people actually engrave/etch some sort of personal identification in some hidden spot on their respective possessions.....that way they can prove it's theirs, even if it gets pawned.....

Someone also mentioned earlier in the thread about how things should be documented. So does videotaping constitute documenting {some have said YES and others have said NO, I have seen}? Recently on the TV news they showed some youngster caught on video getting outclassingly-jumped on a street in a pretty brutal way.....

Of course, no doubt YOUTUBE has loads of such widely-varied, glorified and vilified, gladiatorial scenes; combatants of all ages, sizes, numbers, and both sexes.....

Not that I personally have the time to watch them; I prefer music videos, ha.......

Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
I used to troll YouTube for hours, for music too, of course, but then somehow I would find myself on those fight videos, then somehow those drama videos where people complain about other videos and then people complain about them.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcassell View Post
OK, so how do I find out what unit or Squad he is assigned to? My child is still reluctant to give names, only lists the threats that are coming her way. One of which I thought died out long ago. Do kids still really flush others head in the toilet?
You need to go to YOUR First Sergeant w/ the kids' names (and if you know where they live give that too). The First Sergeant has resources available to him/her to find out who these kids' parents are.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 AM

27 posts, read 58,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
You need to go to YOUR First Sergeant w/ the kids' names (and if you know where they live give that too). The First Sergeant has resources available to him/her to find out who these kids' parents are.
Very sound advice, I would pester your daughter first for the name. Tell her that as an adult, you have resources that she doesn't. And that adults can usually work through things with discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio