Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
You could just leave it up all year round???? Ya know, hearts for valentines, clovers for st. patricks, etc....
Heh! I've actually broached that subject with Otherhalf before. He replied with an adamant, "Uh, no."

However, if I replace it with one of those Palm Tree Christmas Trees........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:29 AM

905 posts, read 2,959,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Exactly!!!! I shoulda researched it some before we bought it. If the store won't take it back, I guess it'll be one of life's lessons. (And I sure won't be replacing it with another tree that has to be stored in the house instead of the attic! There's absolutely NO room in our house to store it. ugh.)
If you don't want to use it in your house, consider using it as an outside decoration. I bought one a couple of years ago at Goodwill for less than $10 and put it outside with my white reindeer. It has to be weighted down with bricks or stones, but it serves its purpose well. We keep it in a storage shed and it has not changed color, nor does it show any signs of being placed outside. Go figure. Must have been a better made tree than the one you bought, I guess... Kiddos suggested putting up this year inside to save money on buying a real tree, but hubby nixed the idea. He still wants a real tree, which is fine with me. Check out one of the Goodwill stores and see if you can find a replacement tree. Make sure you open it up and make sure it is all there and is what you want before buying it!

The craft stores are advertising 50% off on their trees, so you might check them out as well. I wanted an aluminum tree this year (must be suffering from nostalgia syndrome...) and found a 5" one on eBay. The vintage aluminum trees are so much better than the one I saw in the local craft store. Hubby thinks I'm nuts for putting up two trees.....he's probably right!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 PM

Default Happy Ending!!!

We finally had a chance to take it back today and see what they'd do. I'm happy to report that Lowes was great! Didn't sound like they had others returned for the same thing, but even without the receipt, they let us exchange it for a new one (fortunately they have the same one this year) and with no hassles whatsoever. Hooray!!!

Kudos to Lowes!

(and I'll be storing it SOMEWHERE in the house this year!)

Old 12-05-2008, 06:56 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,403 times
Wow, that's great to hear! I am glad everything worked out.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
We finally had a chance to take it back today and see what they'd do. I'm happy to report that Lowes was great! Didn't sound like they had others returned for the same thing, but even without the receipt, they let us exchange it for a new one (fortunately they have the same one this year) and with no hassles whatsoever. Hooray!!!

Kudos to Lowes!

(and I'll be storing it SOMEWHERE in the house this year!)
Awesome news! Sending love to Lowes!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 PM

3 posts, read 7,979 times
It's possible that the discoloration was a result of a reaction between the two plastics - the flocking on the tree and the box that you stored it in. See what the paperwork says (if anything), but it's probably best to store it in the original box so that it can breathe a bit.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegha View Post
It's possible that the discoloration was a result of a reaction between the two plastics - the flocking on the tree and the box that you stored it in. See what the paperwork says (if anything), but it's probably best to store it in the original box so that it can breathe a bit.
Thanx, but it's not a flocked tree. It's one of the white artificial ones, with white lights and even some glittery/sparkly strands.

Unfortunately, I didn't save the paperwork last year and never really bothered to look at it at all. This time I DID read it and it does say to store in a "cool, dry place". I'm sure that the attic in a house in SA in the summer doesn't qualify! And we're gonna try to compress it back into the box, instead of the two big plastic boxes we used before, for space limitations if nothing else!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:04 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
It's good to know that Scrooge doesn't run Lowes! WTG JULES!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:13 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Excellent! I'm happy that I bought my fridge from there today. That's some customer service right there...........or else they've heard about the um, meltdowns.

Hey, work it, girl.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:19 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
glad to hear it worked out for you jules!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio