Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 02:10 AM

24 posts, read 72,256 times

Advertisements

I was on my way home with my fiance at around 8:30pm yesterday night. We were at a red light on 1604 waiting to turn left onto New Guilbeau when we hear a screech and we get hit by a Chevrolet pick up truck at the red light. It wasn't the fact that we got hit that's upsetting, everyone seemed to be okay and my fiance and I got out of the car as well as the man that hit us. He got out of his car and says,"I'm sooo sorry..." I am getting ready to write his license plate down when he gets in his truck and LEAVES THE SCENE. So much for sorry...

I am seriously losing faith in people...with everything going on in this world it seems silly; however, this person was a coward in every sense of the word. He cut off people fleeing the scene, passed a red light, and ruined our brand new car...I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around...while I would never wish this upon anyone...people need to understand the damage they create when they make choices that affect others. We worked hard to purchase this vehicle and take great pride in that. Just in case anyone knows...

This person was a white male, tall & slim, he wore glasses, and was driving a champagne/silver colored 90s Chevrolet pick-up with a license plate beginning in 335, and included a J. It seemed as if he just got off work and was on his way home, I am thinking he lives in the New Guilbeau area. If anyone has any information, please leave responses to the thread. I appreciate any information

Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.

Sorry, needing to vent...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 05:14 AM

269 posts, read 745,480 times
Sorry to hear you are going through this, I hope you made a police report. You got a good amount of info. Hopefully you will find them and they will have insurance.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:21 AM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Probably drunk, uninsured, or both. Sorry to hear it happened.

I once witnessed a wreck near my neighborhood where the guy who caused it basically looked briefly to see no one was hurt, and simply took off. I turned around and followed him far enough to get the plate numbers etc and an idea of which neighborhood he went into.

Went back, gave the info and my name etc to the person involved in the crash and later their insurance company called me to get the details I witnessed. Bottom line: I still see the guy driving around the neighborhood in the same old light blue dodge mini-van, so apparently, leaving the scene of an accident isn't that big of a deal.

Sorry this happened to ya.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
SC78250 is most likely correct; that happened to me as a teenage where a drunk backed into me at a stoplight (the car in front of him stalled). The guy stumbled out of his vehicle, and I could smell the alcohol on his breath when he asked me if I was alright. Then he took a look at the coolant spewing out of my radiator, figured I wasn't going anywhere, and claimed he was only going to pull around the corner to park. I knew what he was going to do so I wrote down his license plate number and called the police. I doubt they got to his house before the next morning, at which time he had sobered up. I am sure he gave them some BS story about not realizing the damage that had been done and thinking it was only a bumper tap. It pissed me off but what can you do about it?

I live in that area as well, but I think the chances of finding him are slim to none. Still, it would be cool if a CD-SA'er could snag 'em for ya! But at least you are both OK, and the police can track the partial tag number. In this city I would say he probably doesn't have insurance, I hope yours covers the damage without too much hassle. And, lesson learned, always immediately get full license plate numbers following an accident!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
I loathe people like this - when I'm in San Antonio I'll keep an eye open.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 PM

667 posts, read 1,567,050 times
I've posted this before but I have been hit & run a few times in this city.. one guy stopped, said he had insurance, then took off.. one guy I chased but never caught up enough to catch his license plate (he ran stop signs, and sped through downtown to get away from me), the cops said they couldn't look up a partial plate.. it's so maddening. I'm sorry it happened to you, but please don't lose your faith in all of us! Just think, those people must have a lot of stuff going badly for them that they 1) can't afford insurance 2) are driving drunk OR 3) have no conscience... again, I am sorry it happened to you though

Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 PM

330 posts, read 1,372,354 times
Bump to the first page. Any updates or luck LovelyShopper?

Depending on how you feel, it may be worth it to park near that intersection around the same time you got hit and see if he comes through there again... looks like you got enough info to recognize the vehicle. Unfortunately he may be able to deny it was him if you do find him, and if police or your insurance co. can't help you, you'd have to resolve the matter through other means. Not that I'm advocating anything illegal, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:42 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,143 times
That really sucks. Good luck with everything. Some people...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio