U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 10:56 AM

25 posts, read 180,065 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any experience with this child care center? Any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 PM

330 posts, read 830,967 times
I have no knowledge or expierence with them but check out earlier posts on the subject and you will see alot of recomendations for The Children's Academy of Stone Oak which is a little further up the road .

Old 02-08-2009, 07:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,712 times
Default North Central

I would like to know if you found out any info on North Central Christian preschool/daycare? I am now on a mad search for good, quality care near my home. Unfortunately Children's Academy and Primrose are too far so my options came down to.... Goddard (which doesn't offer lunch), Kids R Kids and North Central Christian. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,291,772 times
Myamia,

What about Castle Hills Baptist School? Its off NW Military. I looked into them for preK for my son. Seemed like a very good school and I am still possibly considering it next yr for Kinder. The administrator I spoke with was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Thank you for the reply, I actually thought Castle Hills was best for that area. But I ended up buying a house right around the corner from Hardy Oak and Stone Oak. My commute should be around Evans Rd to 281. I am trying to avoid the Stone Oak/1604 route...reason for my limited options..Primrose seemed promising till I realized the morning traffic jam.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:28 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,291,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myamia27 View Post
Thank you for the reply, I actually thought Castle Hills was best for that area. But I ended up buying a house right around the corner from Hardy Oak and Stone Oak. My commute should be around Evans Rd to 281. I am trying to avoid the Stone Oak/1604 route...reason for my limited options..Primrose seemed promising till I realized the morning traffic jam.
Ah okay. Gotcha! That area is quite congested, both areas are actually though Castle Hills in my opinion slightly less. I am not too familiar with your area but I did get some info from both Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs and Rolling Hills Academy. Buckner Fanning School just seemed outstanding IMO and I was very impressed with the curriculum, it was just too far for me and a bit out of my price range. I looked into Primrose as well but I believe that while it seemed to be a great school, it didnt exactly offer anything any better or different than other schools that were less expensive.

I wish you the best of luck in locating a proper school for your child(ren).I know how difficult it can be! Is there somewhere maybe close to your work or spouse's work that you might be interested in looking at? ( I am not sure if you mentioned you or your spouse worked outside the home )

Old 02-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Unfortunately I am in sales and my territory is the entire S. Texas region! No set schedule or route so its best to place my daughter in a school near our home (for convenience). Buckner Fanning was a top choice as well but she is not yet 3 yrs. old (age requirement). Hopefully I will find a great place for her soon. Thank you so much for the advice. Oh and I think Castle Hills is alot less congested too!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 AM

816 posts, read 1,478,904 times
If "Ms. Dawn" is still the director at North Central Christian, I would not have any reservations sending my child there. She used to head up the downtown branch when our son was in daycare and she made sure that parents were active and involved. When Dawn left (to open the North branch), there was an obvious change.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,725 times
My kids attend school there. It is a very loving and quality environment. We highly recommend it.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM

25 posts, read 180,065 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
If "Ms. Dawn" is still the director at North Central Christian, I would not have any reservations sending my child there. She used to head up the downtown branch when our son was in daycare and she made sure that parents were active and involved. When Dawn left (to open the North branch), there was an obvious change.
I know it has been awhile since I posted this. We did decide to send my daughter (now 4 months old) to NCCCC. She was born on 2/20 and I returned to work on 5/18. Ms. Dawn is still the director and I love her, along w/ everyone else I have encountered there! Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio