U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 10:29 PM

68 posts, read 252,190 times

Advertisements

We've decided to live on Brooks Base, and all utilities excluding TV/phone/internet are paid...

What is better around here? Satellite or Cable? and which company?

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 07:32 PM

71 posts, read 184,832 times
Sorry you are getting no love on the SA forum.

Here's my exerpience:

We looked at Dishnetwork, Time Warner Cable, and ATT Uverse.

In the past we where happy dishnetwork customers, but now with an HDTV I did not feel they where very competitive. If you don't need HD, check them out, they have fairly affordable Standard Definition multi room options.

After a lot of researching we chose ATT Uverse based on advanced features such as multi room DVR.

We spent way too much time with ATT uverse (1/2 hour on the web site ordering which then referred us to a used car style sales person who then spent another 1/2 hour with us working out the order). After the order was submitted the used car sales person let us know that the first available date to install would be in FOUR weeks. I asked why it would take so long and he said because of the huricane (y'all had a huricane?).

Having no tv/internet/alarm/phone/cable service for 4 weeks was simply not an option. We Canceled the ATT order and went with Time Warner Cable. TWC had the cable/internet service installed the day we moved in and the phone activated within a couple of days.

So far the service has been great (knock on wood). I know from reading here that there are a lot of disatisfied TWC customers but setting up and installing the service was a breeze, very professional and unlike ATT able to work on our schedule. I'll stay with them as long as I have rock solid cable/internet/phone. If I want multiroom DVR I'll build it myself.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:45 PM

71 posts, read 184,832 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote and comment

For myself I did search and found the mishmash of informatoin on the SA forum less than useful. After deciding on Uverse I was totally sideswiped into TWC based on a 4 week backlog for instatllation. A backlog not mentioned in any thread that I could find here.

Moderator cut: orphaned comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator Note: Folks, per ToS, "We are here to help each other." Please keep this in mind when you respond to an OP's thread question. If you don't want to answer the OP, fine, move along to the next thread. There is absolutely no reason to respond with rudeness here, especially when the OP may be new to City-Data or new to this forum, which we all were at one time.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-13-2008 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: orphaned quote & comment - post you referred to has been deleted

Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,828 posts, read 33,246,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbugme View Post
After deciding on Uverse I was totally sideswiped into TWC based on a 4 week backlog for instatllation. A backlog not mentioned in any thread that I could find here.
It's surprising to hear that there's a wait for UVerse installation. AT&T has a full-court press on for marketing that service. They call me about once a month asking if I want to subscribe and they send me 2-3 mailings a month reminding me that it's available.

I figured that meant they weren't getting many takers.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 AM

317 posts, read 1,611,463 times
We recently switched from TWC to Att. The wait for our installation appointment with ATT uverse was almost a month. Installation for everything was an all day affair. We were really aggravated with TWC and are happy we made the switch.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:41 AM

135 posts, read 469,575 times
We have TWC. Dependable service for the most part & when it isn't, they fix it. The only thing we don't care for it the cost. Wish it wasn't so expensive.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:58 PM

68 posts, read 252,190 times
thanks ya'll...we're gonna go with TWC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio