Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:56 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,342 times

Advertisements

Have people lost your minds? This is like comparing Mozart to Winger; Chateau Lafite to Bud Light; Aged cheddar to Kraft American Singles.

Whataburger is clearly superior; no contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,380,531 times
I do like whataburgers ketchup tub things. Those are SO much better than those stupid packets that require at least 5 just to get through some fries (if you like ketchup with your fries).
Some Wendy's also still have malt vinegar, which is a must have with fries as far as I'm concerned

Old 12-13-2008, 10:02 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
Speaking of Frosty shakes, I heard that they are a combination of chocolate/vanilla, because Dave Thomas thought the pure chocolate creation was too strong for the burger meal. That actually sounds good to me as I usually prefer vanilla over chocolate. But I like the vanilla Frosty a little better (I think it's a newer item).

But nothing comes close to Whataburger's vanilla shakes. Those are the best I've had anywhere.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,704,597 times
You can get the wendys frosty recipe online..I forgot which site had it, but there are lots of "fakes" out there. Basically you just whip up some milk and vanilla and then add nestle chocolate milk mix to it. Tastes exactly the same, although it looks a little different.

Mmmmm I'm hungry now.

Btw, when was the last time anyone ate at Burger King? I'm going on 15 years now! Never set foot in there since I hated it so bad.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Wendy's, no doubt. But I've always felt they've been on their game, and I've always eaten there.

My roommate from when I was stationed in Idaho in the mid-80s worked at Wendy's when he was a teenager, and he still ate there. He was the first person I had ever met who would still eat at the fast food restaurant that they previously worked at. I took that as a good indicator.

Also, Wendy's is much like Chilis, Red Robin and the Olive Garden in that they seem to have the same good standards no matter where you go. In other words, we can always hit a Wendy's and find the food is good...

Whataburger? Tried it a few times but to be honest those experiences have never left us with the feeling that we want return anytime soon...

Cheers! M2

Old 12-13-2008, 10:23 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
i have always loved Whataburger, but i do think they are pricey ---

i agree that Wendy's does seem to be getting better and better and the kids prefer Wendy's kids meals over Whataburgers...

Old 12-13-2008, 11:16 AM

prices are a good topic.. my wife wanted me to stop at a whataburger drive-thru one day because she wanted a chicken sandwich. They always advertise about the 50 zillion different ways you can get them, but never mention that they nickel and dime you to death. Her sandwich started out at something like $3.50 and ended up costing over $8.00 when a few extra toppings and a drink was thrown in. Worst part was she ended up throwing most of it away because it tasted like crap.

and my wife and I both worked at Wendy's (that's how we met) and we both still love going there, so that does say a lot about the place.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:56 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
prices are a good topic.. my wife wanted me to stop at a whataburger drive-thru one day because she wanted a chicken sandwich. They always advertise about the 50 zillion different ways you can get them, but never mention that they nickel and dime you to death. Her sandwich started out at something like $3.50 and ended up costing over $8.00 when a few extra toppings and a drink was thrown in. Worst part was she ended up throwing most of it away because it tasted like crap.

and my wife and I both worked at Wendy's (that's how we met) and we both still love going there, so that does say a lot about the place.
you know, that is a good word for it...nickel and dime you, 'cause that is what they do...

i went to whataburger a couple weeks ago --- i got food for all 5 of us, but i only bought 4 meal deals, since the kids all share...and after adding cheese and small shakes for the kids the meal came out to just under $30...i even asked the mngr about it, he was working the drive thru and he said, "yeah, once you start adding stuff it adds up"...

needless to say i don't think we'll be doing whataburger for a while...

Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
Whataburger's burgers are too dry for me, although I'll grab one now and then. Wendy's burgers, as well as their chili (YUM) are the best.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
you know, that is a good word for it...nickel and dime you, 'cause that is what they do...

i went to whataburger a couple weeks ago --- i got food for all 5 of us, but i only bought 4 meal deals, since the kids all share...and after adding cheese and small shakes for the kids the meal came out to just under $30...i even asked the mngr about it, he was working the drive thru and he said, "yeah, once you start adding stuff it adds up"...

needless to say i don't think we'll be doing whataburger for a while...
almost $30 is insane for fast food. We went to Mama Margies last night and the three of us (all adults) were stuffed for $22 and that included two drinks and two margaritas (happy hour helped with that part). I guarantee you the food was way better too, especially that never ending supply of hot, fresh chips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio