U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:34 PM

556 posts, read 44,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
I'd like to see that report, sounds pretty fishy. Definately, without a doubt, in my mind - the wealthiest folks live in Olmos Park, Alamo Heights, and Terrell Hills (throw in a few streets in Monte Vista as well).
I would definitely agree with that statement. The OLD money is in Olmos Park. Alamo Heights and Terrell Hills have lots of money too, old money as well. Monte Vista reminds me of Olmos Park in a lot of ways - there are streets in Monte Vista which rival the mansions of the other neighborhoods.

The formerly super rich oil mogul Mrs. Lips used to live down on Geneseo drive in Terrell Hills. Her net worth was billions, with a liquid asset of over 5 billion dollars in various banks. She was a plain woman, a nurse who married an oil man. Her husband dead, she continued to build the wealth and was part owner of Sherwin Williams paint, and Kodak. Very generous, her lawn mans car finally gave up the ghost, and she took him back to her garage and opened the door. Inside were various nice cars, from Cadillacs to Mercedes and told the man to "Pick one" and signed the car over to him. She was very eccentric, but a good person. By the way her marble driveway cost over $1 million dollars. Her old house is the one up Geneseo on the left with the 24K tipped fence if you want to check it out. **** Jaegger had at one time tried to buy the house.

As far as the Dominion goes, that's new money and here today gone tomorrow millionaires. The homes are cheaply made and crammed together. Tommy Lee Jones has a home there - he used to have a house a few blocks from me over in Terrell Hills but sold it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 02:00 PM

546 posts, read 2,170,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Tommy Lee Jones has a home there - he used to have a house a few blocks from me over in Terrell Hills but sold it.
He moved? I didn't know...when did this happen? Please tell me more about **** Jagger wanting to buy that house - that's wild!

Old 03-10-2007, 02:14 PM

Tommy Lee Jones moved, like 5 or more years ago to the Dominion.

Yeah M-I-C-K Jaegger wanted to buy the Lips house, but I don't know what happened with it. Mrs. Lips stuff was auctioned off at Sotheby's and her fortune, or most of it was left to the Mayo Clinic as she had no heirs.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 9,923,781 times
Torrey....Tommy might have several residences, but his homestead is at 330 Elizabeth. Check BCAD.....he still owns it.

How cool to have M-I-C-K Jagger as a neighbor? I would sooooo borrow a cup of sugar if I was his neighbor!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:40 PM

Yeah that's right he was on Elizabeth....... Maybe he said he was moving out to keep people from lurking around. He's like that, I remember once when his ex-wife dropped his son off at the Galaxy theater and he was trying to be so inconspicuous that he was actually drawing attention to himself!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 PM

546 posts, read 2,170,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Torrey....Tommy might have several residences, but his homestead is at 330 Elizabeth. Check BCAD.....he still owns it.

How cool to have M-I-C-K Jagger as a neighbor? I would sooooo borrow a cup of sugar if I was his neighbor!
Oh yeah, he also has a condo at 200 Patterson (behind HEB Central), but is rarely (like never) there - I believe he bought it for his mother. He also lived next door to my Aunt while he was getting a divorce a few years ago. All I can say from my brief encounters with him is that he ain't the friendliest guy in town, that's for sure.

I thought the whole **** Jagger thing seemed rather odd UNTIL I remembered that ex-wife Jerry Hall is from Texas - makes sense now.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:14 AM

The old Lips house is haunted by the way. They can't keep security guards there. She had a system in the house installed at some point similar to a hospital for the servents to come to her room. Little lamps in other rooms that would come on when she depressed a button in her bedroom. After she died security guards would report those lamps coming on while they were there at nght........ I know so much about her house because my friend was restoring it for her (he's a contractor).

There was a rumor, rumor only, that M-i-c-k Jaegger didn't have the money to buy her old place. I wonder what the asking price was?

Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 AM

4,794 posts, read 9,923,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
The old Lips house is haunted by the way. They can't keep security guards there. She had a system in the house installed at some point similar to a hospital for the servents to come to her room. Little lamps in other rooms that would come on when she depressed a button in her bedroom. After she died security guards would report those lamps coming on while they were there at nght........ I know so much about her house because my friend was restoring it for her (he's a contractor).

There was a rumor, rumor only, that M-i-c-k Jaegger didn't have the money to buy her old place. I wonder what the asking price was?
I'd love to see her place. Sounds amazing! How long ago was this?

The irony just dawned on me that "LIPS" Jagger almost bought Mrs. Lips home.

RE: TL Jones.....my ex sat next to him on a flight into SA years ago. He was less than friendly. I suppose it gets tiring to be "up" all the time for the public. It's my understanding that he spends most of his "Texas" time at his ranch in Sabinal. His "compound" on Elizabeth is beautiful, however!

Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I'd love to see her place. Sounds amazing! How long ago was this?

The irony just dawned on me that "LIPS" Jagger almost bought Mrs. Lips home.

RE: TL Jones.....my ex sat next to him on a flight into SA years ago. He was less than friendly. I suppose it gets tiring to be "up" all the time for the public. It's my understanding that he spends most of his "Texas" time at his ranch in Sabinal. His "compound" on Elizabeth is beautiful, however!
That's hilarious! LIPS Jagger!

Yeah I suppose most hollywood stars get tired of the public bothering them. However, shouldn't they realize that not everybody is a nut case looking for an autograph? I met shaquil oneal once, and didn't even know who he was. I didn't like him much, he seemed a bit arrogant and then later I found out he was a sports 'celebrity'. I had a good conversation with the former boxer Jesse James Leija once, didn't know him from adam til he shook my hand and told me his name. I don't give celebrities 'god' status, I usually speak with them like I would any other person I meet, even if I do recognise who they are. Arnold Swarzzeneger wasn't the coolest person to talk to either. He had somewhat of a scowling attitude to him.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:46 PM

6 posts, read 1,080 times
Although Alamo Heights, terrell lills and the other older areas have some incredible homes, I have found that you have to drive through a lot of junk to get to those homes. George Strait and retired Spurs player David Robinson are in the Dominion, and they have opened a new development there of some of the hugest most incredible brand new mansions Ive ever seen. They average 10,000 square feet. hands down, I think the Dominion beats any other developments in san antonio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio