U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 PM

41 posts, read 132,554 times

Advertisements

Got an email from Big Top Kidz today saying they were closing as of Dec. 13. No reason given.. just wondered if anyone out there knew why?? We were planning a visit next week.. bummer! Gotta find a new way to entertain twin 19mth olds!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:15 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,203,260 times
The web site is no help.

Quote:
Dear Friends of Big Top Kidz,

We are sorry to inform you that as of December 13, 2008, Big Top Kidz will be closed. Thank you for your patronage, we have enjoyed playing with you and your children for the past year.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Big Top Kidz
Where was it? I can think of a couple of similar businesses and I don't want to mention the wrong location.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:38 PM

41 posts, read 132,554 times
It was off of Stone Oak, on Huebner I think. I checked out the web site too looking for more info..None..

Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 PM

188 posts, read 490,354 times
I received that email, as well, and was really shocked. The place is always packed, so I'm surprised they're closing. Have you been to Dynamoze at 281 and Brook Hollow? That's our other "regular" indoor play play, as I'm also desperate to entertain my 20 month old son.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:51 AM

165 posts, read 471,580 times
Yea I got the same email. Didn't know anyone on here really went. I just moved here from California a couple of months ago and only went twice but really liked it. There is another thread on here with a few places. I'm alwayyyss looking for stuff to do with my kids. Right now it's toooo cold to go outside, and when we first got here it was like 113, so alot of the time I seem to be looking for indoor play places, especially here in New Braunfels, but so far I only found the McKenna Children's museum and this Jumping Jym place I want to try here in NB, but have to branch out farther I think for most else. I really want to get them out of the house more. Any ideas???

Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,621 times
I received the same email - I had my sons birthday party there last year and we loved it. My brother- in-law has a business across the street and said several businesses in the Big Top shopping center were closing because the rent was too high. Not sure how accurate that is.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM

667 posts, read 1,406,686 times
Bummer! In searching for more info I found this: Owners announce closure of Cafe Paladar | StoneOakInfo.com
I wonder how many places are closing/leaving in that area specifically?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,563 times
If your looking for an alternate place to go, check out mypartystation.com. Party Station is in Schertz off of 3009. Great place for tots 5 and under.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:33 PM

126 posts, read 324,330 times
after talking w/ some other moms. We think it closed because it was not open for open play after school/ preschool and on weekends for our little guys 3-5 yrs old.
I would of loved to take my son on very Hot days or stormy days to play weekend mornings or after preschool, but the hours were limited.

too bad. Maybe they should have re-thought the hours of operation.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 PM

320 posts, read 935,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
after talking w/ some other moms. We think it closed because it was not open for open play after school/ preschool and on weekends for our little guys 3-5 yrs old.
I would of loved to take my son on very Hot days or stormy days to play weekend mornings or after preschool, but the hours were limited.

too bad. Maybe they should have re-thought the hours of operation.

I was excited when this place announced it was opening since I wouldn't have to leave Stone Oak and was very disappointed when I came to find out it was only open for private parties on the weekends - the only time I could take my then 5 year old. I hope some other company does their market analysis and realizes this area has tons of children and no other indoor playground exists for miles around.

The next nearest place, Dynamoze at 281&Brook Hollow, also doesn't have open play on the weekends. We have not yet been to a weekend party at one of these places. Are they always fully booked to be able to sustain the business solely with parties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio