Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:59 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnzFam View Post
We were told the same thing. It was $15 the last time we parked in the Rivercenter Garage.
I think I remember someone saying the parking rates downtown were going to go up. $15 is pretty steep if you ask me. We always drop a ton of money down there anyway so it would be nice to not have to pay a small fortune to park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:35 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen01 View Post
about how long is the walk from travis park plaza? thanks
About 3 blocks

Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 AM

905 posts, read 2,958,638 times
It cost us $6 and we were there for a little less than 2 hours. I guess our parking rates are cheap, compared to other cities. For anyone wanting to park at RCM, here are the rates:

http://www.shoprivercenter.com/main/Rivercenter_Parking_Rates.pdf (broken link)

My daughter and I are going to see "CATS" next week. I think I'll see if my hubby will just drop us off!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:10 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I think I remember someone saying the parking rates downtown were going to go up. $15 is pretty steep if you ask me. We always drop a ton of money down there anyway so it would be nice to not have to pay a small fortune to park.
Let me get this straight......you drop a "ton of money" when you go downtown, but you consider $15 to be a "small fortune"?

To the OP: there are several street meters in the blocks around Broadway & 4th Street. That should cost you $2 for 2 hours, and it's a very short walk (15 minutes) to the Alamo. Plus, you'll get to see some great architecture (Scottish Rite Temple, First Presbyterian Church, the Downtown Post Office) on your way there!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:48 PM

554 posts, read 2,306,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
My daughter and I are going to see "CATS" next week. I think I'll see if my hubby will just drop us off!
For parking at the Majestic -

There is a lot off of Travis street across from the Sheraton Gunter parking lot (between Navarro & St. Mary's) that is Moderator cut: now $10 for event parking. We're going to the symphony tomorrow and will park there, so I'll post again if its gone up, but when I parked there earlier this year it was still $5. Its not very well marked...it's actually for an office building but they do special event parking. There is a

There is also a lot at the corner of St. Mary's & Travis, and a lot at Houston & Navarro. All of these lots are about a 1/2 block walk to the Majestic. I've never paid more than $7 for parking when I've seen a show.

These lots are actually a great option for any downtown visits. There are a lot of restaurants & bars on Houston street, and the walk to the area of the riverwalk where Hard Rock Cafe & Starbucks are is just a few blocks.

Last edited by Bo; 12-21-2008 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: updated with info in #17.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 PM

905 posts, read 2,958,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
For parking at the Majestic -

There is a lot off of Travis street across from the Sheraton Gunter parking lot (between Navarro & St. Mary's) that is Moderator cut: now $10 for event parking. We're going to the symphony tomorrow and will park there, so I'll post again if its gone up, but when I parked there earlier this year it was still $5. Its not very well marked...it's actually for an office building but they do special event parking. There is a

There is also a lot at the corner of St. Mary's & Travis, and a lot at Houston & Navarro. All of these lots are about a 1/2 block walk to the Majestic. I've never paid more than $7 for parking when I've seen a show.

These lots are actually a great option for any downtown visits. There are a lot of restaurants & bars on Houston street, and the walk to the area of the riverwalk where Hard Rock Cafe & Starbucks are is just a few blocks.
Thanks for checking on the parking. Since the show is at night and it is just myself and my daughter, I'd rather not have to drive downtown and find a place to park. I think if I do, I'll probably try the garage that is right by the Majestic. It's usually packed, but if we get down there early enough, we should be okay.

Last edited by Bo; 12-21-2008 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 12-21-2008, 07:57 PM

554 posts, read 2,306,463 times
The parking garage I recommended has gone up to $10.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 546 times
need a place to park 30 ft rv while visiting the Alamo in Austin tx.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:32 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbjersey View Post
need a place to park 30 ft rv while visiting the Alamo in Austin tx.
?? Need parking for the 30 ft in Austin? Or near the Alamo in SAN ANTONIO? Clarify.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
?? Need parking for the 30 ft in Austin? Or near the Alamo in SAN ANTONIO? Clarify.
Poster may be talking about Alamo Drafthouse. In Austin the Drafthouse is called "the Alamo." So confusing for me. It also depends on which Drafthouse they're going to....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio