U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-24-2008, 12:03 AM
 
65 posts, read 110,557 times
Reputation: 36

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience or heard anything about the the quality of the lobsters from HEB? I want to put together a nice little feast for Christmas but I'm not sure if this would be worth it. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-24-2008, 12:04 AM
 
Location: NW San Antonio
2,519 posts, read 5,611,148 times
Reputation: 2065
had em in the past, were great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
317 posts, read 1,228,286 times
Reputation: 314
We've had them from HEB too- they were yummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 05:32 AM
 
1,051 posts, read 1,731,663 times
Reputation: 543
Those are my children's "little buddies" One day we went to HEB and the tank was empty. My middle child was devastated because she knew exactly where those lobsters go. We always have to stop and say "hello" to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 06:14 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,532 posts, read 2,445,517 times
Reputation: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Those are my children's "little buddies" One day we went to HEB and the tank was empty. My middle child was devastated because she knew exactly where those lobsters go. We always have to stop and say "hello" to them.
Lucky, my son too! He calles them the "monsters" and I know exactly what he's talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 AM
 
1,051 posts, read 1,731,663 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Lucky, my son too! He calles them the "monsters" and I know exactly what he's talking about.
"monsters"! Too cute! I can see where he would get that.

We lose a lot of our shopping time over by that tank. We always have to count them.

The girls tried lobster and articoke dip for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have the heart to explain it to them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 07:06 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
1,532 posts, read 2,445,517 times
Reputation: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
"monsters"! Too cute! I can see where he would get that.

We lose a lot of our shopping time over by that tank. We always have to count them.

The girls tried lobster and articoke dip for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have the heart to explain it to them....
Lucky, that sounds SO good!!! Especially when it's chilly outside! MMM...I love lobster, but I don't have the heart to ever cook them live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 07:16 AM
 
1,051 posts, read 1,731,663 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Lucky, that sounds SO good!!! Especially when it's chilly outside! MMM...I love lobster, but I don't have the heart to ever cook them live.
I was talking the one of the people behind the counter at HEB because I was considering getting a lobster. She said they really do scream when you drop them in???? I figured that would lead to some therapy around here so I decided to skip it.

We get the heb crab legs pretty often and they are usually wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Future Kerrvillian
170 posts, read 404,571 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I was talking the one of the people behind the counter at HEB because I was considering getting a lobster. She said they really do scream when you drop them in???? I figured that would lead to some therapy around here so I decided to skip it.

We get the heb crab legs pretty often and they are usually wonderful.
Screaming? Maybe a little steam venting, but the lack of vocal chords makes screaming pretty difficult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
 
1,051 posts, read 1,731,663 times
Reputation: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubya View Post
Screaming? Maybe a little steam venting, but the lack of vocal chords makes screaming pretty difficult.
She seriously did tell me that! I feel so....duped . So this leads me to wonder if it was a case of "snipe hunting" or did she really not know? You would think she would be an expert!

(((((hanging head in shame.....)))))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top