Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:23 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,066,646 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about Fox Grove off of Evans Road? Also, any thoughts on KB Homes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 11:28 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,436,960 times
KB homes have a notoriously bad reputation in Texas, of the designs are poor, quality is poor, foundation problems galore. KB home community often turn into cruddy neighborhoods fast.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,603,988 times
Do a search for KB homes on the net - a while ago there was a site that had hundreds of complaints on it about KB

Old 03-08-2007, 08:35 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,360,321 times
KB has had serious problems in the past. I don't usually make sweeping statements, but I would not invest in a KB home. Don't look at the "awards" given to local builders. You have to know the scoop behind who is "voting".

My biggest beef with KB is that they have gone in and done a sweep of SA and have pockets of neighborhoods EVERYWHERE. There is a lot of hype about "ammenities" ....but they are not allowing for greenbelts, or even much of a yard........just cram in more houses and people and don't worry about the furture integrity of the neighborhoos....and/or planning for congestion, schools, parks etc. Make the "model" perfect with some lipstick......and just build fast and sell at a dime a dozen. They are generally "starter" homes that won't hold their value over the years. Look at Camelot (Ray Ellison) off Walzem. I invision KB homes looking like that in 10-15 years.

Sorry to be so harsh, but I am against their building and development MO....but, that is just MY opinion.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:05 AM

116 posts, read 452,532 times
Default Maybe I'm naive but...

My husband and I are currently building a home in Fox Grove and could not be happier with KB Home. I am very much aware of their problems in the past but the service and quality we've seen so far has been quite impressive. They were one of the few neighborhoods in that price range in that area that had trees. We visited just about every development out in that area and decided on Fox Grove because of all the trees. We built our home on a $0 premium lot and have 6 trees on that lot. I have friends who live in 10 year old KB homes and have had no troubles.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Seems like

KB has had a bad reputation that has carried forward to new developments.

Has anyone actually lived in a KB home?

I can find the same complaints on the web about DR Horton and David Weekley.

Thanks for the input so far though. Nerve racking looking for a house.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:33 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,360,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever01 View Post
My husband and I are currently building a home in Fox Grove and could not be happier with KB Home. I am very much aware of their problems in the past but the service and quality we've seen so far has been quite impressive. They were one of the few neighborhoods in that price range in that area that had trees. We visited just about every development out in that area and decided on Fox Grove because of all the trees. We built our home on a $0 premium lot and have 6 trees on that lot. I have friends who live in 10 year old KB homes and have had no troubles.
Gosh...I knew I shouldn't have voiced my opinion. I apologize for being so critical. I had a feeling that there would be some KB home owners that might disagree. I will admit that I've heard that they are improving their construction standards, and I wish you the best in your new home.

In general, however, I'm very discouraged by many developers including KB who seem to be developing so quickly and wrecklessly without any regard to the impact on our natural resources. I'll start another topic about that.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:38 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,436,960 times
Cat you don't need to apologize for voicing a valid opinion. There are always going to be exceptions to the rule of course. I still stand by my statement of saying the KB homes has had a recognized problem in building in San Antonio since they were Kaufmann and Broad.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:18 AM

Default yeah I wasn't attacking..

and I don't think anyone else was attacking. I posted because I wanted opinions and I value the opinions on this board if for nothing else when I try to sell a KB home is there a market to purchase my home (if I bought one).

With the subprime market going to heck it worries me to buy an affordable home because if people can't get loans and I want to move... nobody there to buy my house.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:11 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
With the subprime market going to heck it worries me to buy an affordable home because if people can't get loans and I want to move... nobody there to buy my house.
Bigthirsty, I'm a novice when it comes to real estate and it's terminology. What do you mean by the subprime market and it going to heck? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio