Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,831 times

Advertisements

I had them dig up my yard and cut my sprinkler system in 9 places. They then filled the wholes and I can't get anyone on the phone who will help me at all. The sprinkler repair man has given me an estimate and I want At&t to pay for it. Who should I contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,618 times
I have the same problem with AT&T contractors digging up my yard. Bringing huge machinery in my front and back yard coming and going. What an inconvenience.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,532 times
I was working on my farm clearing around the utility lines and cut an unknown buried phone line to a renters home. AT&T came and reconnected the wire at the beak point and layed new cable across an area being developed. My backhoe operator had to stop operating and now it looks like I am going to have a mud hole where the pond existed. Does the telephone line have to be buried? Power and cable is on the poles, why can't the phone line also be on the poles? This is all on private working farm property.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
AT&T buried lines to my backyard and I am not even an AT&T customer. In the process of burying these lines, they cut my sprinkler system in several places. I am now trying to get AT&T to make the necessary repairs, otherwise my sprinkler system is useless! Whey would a buried line be run to the back of my house when I am not an AT&T customer and now never will be.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:43 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times
If I didn't have business with such a company, why would I let them on my property, much less dig up my yard?

Know your rights. Don't get yourself in such a pickle.

Old 04-13-2015, 01:35 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown21 View Post
AT&T buried lines to my backyard and I am not even an AT&T customer. In the process of burying these lines, they cut my sprinkler system in several places. I am now trying to get AT&T to make the necessary repairs, otherwise my sprinkler system is useless! Whey would a buried line be run to the back of my house when I am not an AT&T customer and now never will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
If I didn't have business with such a company, why would I let them on my property, much less dig up my yard?

Know your rights. Don't get yourself in such a pickle.
If a communications provider or utility is dgging up your backyard, you almost certainly have an easement across the back, and yes, they can dig it up, even if you don't subscribe to their services. It has to be made accessible to the various service providers, and it is the only way they can run lines to your neighbors's property, if they subscribe to their services. The survey you received when you bought the property should depict the area where the easement is located. They are supposed to restore the ground to its previous condition, after they complete their work.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:35 PM

1,032 posts, read 874,442 times
If AT&T did these things I'm hearing about here, and didn't restore my property to it's original state, I'd immediately sue. Plain and simple. I'd file suit

Old 07-10-2016, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 828 times
Can i have a att repair man move wires that are covered with a round box behind my rv in outdoor resorts. I need to move my rv back 3 ft to park my car i don t mind the box being there....if they can move it to the left..thank you.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypp1 View Post
Can i have a att repair man move wires that are covered with a round box behind my rv in outdoor resorts. I need to move my rv back 3 ft to park my car i don t mind the box being there....if they can move it to the left..thank you.
If you're not the property owner, then no. AT&T won't do anything for someone who's merely renting and thus not their customer.

If you are the property owner, then the answer depends on whether there is an easement on file for the buried AT&T line in that spot. In the unlikely event that there's no easement, they'll move it where you tell them to move it. If there is an easement, then any move would have to be within that easement and on your nickel.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 763 times
Default Greetings, welcome to S.A.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tberryrocks View Post
Hello San Antonio CDers. I have been reading your posts since moving here several months ago and have enjoyed the forum but this is my first post, so please go easy on me .

AT&T (or a sub/contractor for AT&T) notified us that they needed to dig up our yard to repair line(s) that ran beneath our property. It has been over a week since they have done the repair but no one has come to return our yard (sod/grass) back to the condition it was before they dug. We live in a new neighborhood and had a beautiful yard with healthy grass and now there is dirt and no grass in 20% of our front lawn. When I called AT&T's toll free customer service number this evening, I kept getting passed around and no one seemed to be able or willing to direct me in the right direction since I am not a customer.

Has anyone had a similar experience with AT&T? If so, what was the outcome? Or, does anyone work for (or have an in at) AT&T and can advise the correct department/contact info to lodge an inquiry or complaint about this type of issue?

Thanks in advanced for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio