Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,887,776 times

Advertisements

Just before Christmas, the HEB Plus had some minibikes for sale. We went by there a week later and they were gone. As such, my 11-yr-old son is now driving me nuts to find one!

If anyone knows where any are for sale, or has one in their garage that they are looking to get rid of (as long as they are in decent shape and run), please let me know. We are looking for a gas-powered one, 50cc or so, and the kind for riding in the dirt (so no mini-choppers, please).

I think Pep Boys has/had some, but I haven't had a chance to run by there. We are in no rush, but we just got rid of the battery powered mini-motorcycle that died due to lack of use. I figure if he tires of this one, at least I can take it out to a local field and have fun on it myself!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 AM

314 posts, read 828,948 times
He will outgrow something like that in a matter of weeks...My neighbor got his kids (7 year old boy and 9 year old Girl) a Honda 3 speed auto clutch 70cc.

You can usually find a good deal on Craigslist...

Like this one (read 9 y/o out grew too quick), he paid over $2200 new so this is a good deal.
2003 XR70R Honda Motorcycle (http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/997522028.html - broken link)

Also keep in mind with used bikes like this you can usually use them for 6 months and then sell them for what you paid.

If your heart is really on a minibike then pepboys and sometimes harbor freight tools but if you buy new he will outgrow it quick and you will take a loss.

Are you looking to ride with him? I found an awesome place to ride in Floresville.

Last edited by AFMike; 01-18-2009 at 10:45 AM..

Old 01-18-2009, 01:00 PM

778 posts, read 2,492,723 times
There is a motorcycle shop off of Culebra and Old Grissom that sells all sorts of used motorcycles, mopeds, and I have seen mini bikes out there. You might want to check them out. They are called Pit Stop Racing. They don't seem to keep regular hours so it will probably be hit or miss in getting to check them out. Please note: The location on the map is not correct - they are on Old Grissom, vice Grissom.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 PM

20 posts, read 65,911 times
I was down at the Flea-Mart off 16 today and saw some small bikes and ATVs for around 700.

Coop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: