Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:18 PM

54 posts, read 305,644 times

Advertisements

Received this letter from NEISD

April 23, 2014
Dear NEISD Community:

I want to thank you for your patience and cooperation during this uncertain time. As you know, the San Antonio Police Department has been investigating claims that there would be violence at an unidentified elementary school in the city on Thursday, April 24. While police have said this threat is not considered credible, we continue to stay on high alert and are taking the situation seriously.

Due to extra precautionary measures being taken, events during the school day tomorrow will be modified or canceled at elementary schools. We will limit the number of visitors to all NEISD campuses. Our schools will be considered "closed campuses."

In addition, we will have a police presence at every one of our schools, and administrators, teachers and staff are working together to ensure the safety of our students, staff and community.

I appreciate your continued support.

Sincerely,
Brian Gottardy, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools

Is anyone else concerned about sending their children to school on Thursday? Here is a link to this news story:
Law enforcement, educators evaluate school threat | News - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:34 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
I've talked to several parents who are concerned and one who is not sending her children. I've been conflicted but now that they have closed campuses-and at our school are having indoor recess and it sounds like a Watch Dog presence-I will probably send my son. Most of the moms I've talked to today, including the 8 I just went downtown with, are feeling better with the extra precautions.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Northside ISD activates threat plan - San Antonio Express-News

Old 04-23-2014, 04:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
If it helps, we teachers are sending our own kids to school tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:43 PM

381 posts, read 768,215 times
I was going to start a thread on this matter, but I think that people that do these acts feed on this kind of stuff. I don't know if my thinking is narrow minded, and yes, my daughter is going to school tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:53 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,939 times
I'm not sending my son to school, but he has been sick the last two days anyway. I don't know if I would have sent him otherwise.

Perhaps if there were more information available.
I don't understand how they can say the threat isn't credible, yet they haven't caught the person. So how do they know it isn't credible without having the person or persons behind it and at least talking to them?

Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,967 times
Every day this week the schools keep sending letter after letter after letter home about this threat. And email after email after email after email. If they send another letter or message, just one more letter or message, then I am keeping my kids at home if the admins are going to keep freaking out about this.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,195,504 times
If I were the one to send this kind of message I would be very uncomfortable right about now. Messages can be traced back to their origins with today's technologies, and brother if you wanted an extra day off from school you'll be getting a bunch of them soon.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:38 PM

381 posts, read 768,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
If I were the one to send this kind of message I would be very uncomfortable right about now. Messages can be traced back to their origins with today's technologies, and brother if you wanted an extra day off from school you'll be getting a bunch of them soon.
Well lets hope that they are dumb enough not to know that, since there are ways to modify your IP address.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:48 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
NISD will be on soft lock down all day tomorrow. There will only be one entrance and exit to the school. There will be no maintenance or techs doing any work at any schools during classroom hours. They are taking it serious. I'd suggest if you have kids in NISD to take them a little earlier than normal due to limited access to the school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio