U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 16,586 times

Advertisements

Looking for a landscaping designer in San Antonio, anyone have a recommendation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 AM

759 posts, read 3,381,283 times
Cynthia Stauder.... My parents are using her (as we speak) for a $25K re-landscaping job and they are thrilled!
I should add, she drew up very detailed plans for a very reasonable price. Plans included pictures of rec'd plants... she is highly rated on Angie's List.

Last edited by Lauren0319; 01-20-2009 at 09:03 AM..

Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 AM

68 posts, read 210,481 times
You should try the DIY books. That way you'll get something that you want. Your mind will open up to more options instead of what the landscaper tells you. Plenty of books at Lowes or Home Depot.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 AM

23 posts, read 80,595 times
I work for a landscape architectrual / architecture firm here in SA...we do a lot of high end commercial type product. We don't do residential for the most part and I don't know your price range but there are a few I can recommend depending on what you are looking for. I would first try to contact Chad Stranahan at c2 landgroup. He is the owner of the firm and they usually concentrate on residential landscapes. You can check them out at c2landgroup.com to see their portfolio. Hope that helps.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:32 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,707,607 times
I got a nice push mower and weed eater. I'd be glad to come by and draw some nice designs, maybe your name! , in the grass for way less than $25K. If someone has that much money to waste on "landscape design" when people are loosing everything right now then they need a good butt whoppin....

Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM

How about trying this first: San Antonio Home and Garden Show (http://www.showtechnology.com/shows/San_Antonio/San_Antonio.htm - broken link)

Old 01-20-2009, 05:53 PM

Also this weekend: Texas Home and Garden.com (http://www.texashomeandgarden.com//index.cfm?npageid=150 - broken link)

Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
If someone has that much money to waste on "landscape design" when people are loosing everything right now then they need a good butt whoppin....

I beg to differ. That $25K is going straight into the San Antonio economy. For people who have worked hard and made wise financial choices, I think it's a fabulous way to spend their money. Much better than buying a foreign car or taking an international trip.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
Cynthia Stauder.... My parents are using her (as we speak) for a very expensive re-landscaping job and they are thrilled!
I should add, she drew up very detailed plans for a very reasonable price. Plans included pictures of rec'd plants... she is highly rated on Angie's List.
ETA- I will be calling her soon to have her draw up plans for our sparse backyard. We will then do the labor ourselves.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:47 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,772,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post

I beg to differ. That $25K is going straight into the San Antonio economy. For people who have worked hard and made wise financial choices, I think it's a fabulous way to spend their money. Much better than buying a foreign car or taking an international trip.
Yeah, really. The $$ stays in the local economy. I haven't heard of any big box landscape design companies.

That said, I'm doing it myself at my house. I think figuring out where to draw the lines between grass and other landscaping is the hardest part. But that was already there (it's the stuff inside the lines that's been neglected). For $25K I'd expect everything - trees, irrigation, stone or brick border, the dirt and all that. I speak from experience that you can get a couple of really nice mature trees for $2,000 (tree + installation) if you ever decide to DIY part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or