U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 AM

608 posts, read 1,143,303 times
Default Service recommendations, please

Who do you use for phone (landline), internet and cable?

Do I have to use Time Warner for cable (is it the only option)?

We have AT&T for our mobile phones: Can they bundle with landline phone and DSL internet? Or do you prefer cable internet, in which case we can bundle with the cable? Any idea what is the cheaper option?

Dentist? Pediatric dentist? (We need both types)

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 AM

4,263 posts, read 6,718,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
Who do you use for phone (landline), internet and cable?

Do I have to use Time Warner for cable (is it the only option)?

We have AT&T for our mobile phones: Can they bundle with landline phone and DSL internet? Or do you prefer cable internet, in which case we can bundle with the cable? Any idea what is the cheaper option?

Dentist? Pediatric dentist? (We need both types)

Thanks!!
Take a look at the relocation sticky at the top....you'll find your answers there. Good luck.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:36 AM

68 posts, read 143,482 times
I prefer DirecTV, a cell phone, and ATT DSL without a landline.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,100,767 times
Landline: obsolete, not needed
ISP / TV: AT&T U-verse
Dentist: Gene Milligan (in San Marcos)

Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 AM

I love my iPhone, but I'm one of those paranoid types who feels that there should be a landline in the house in case of emergency. Call me crazy!

Thanks for the tip on the link. I checked there and I am not finding many personal opinions; I have all the phone numbers I need.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:16 PM

864 posts, read 1,765,972 times
Cable options depend on in what part of town you will be living. AT&T U-verse is not in all areas yet. When we first moved here, we lived in an apartment complex and our only cable option was Grande Communications - could not even get Time Warner (not saying all apartment complexes are like this - that's just how ours was). My personal preference is AT&T for cable and internet (that's what we have now). I believe AT&T can bundle cell phones in with cable and internet (and landline), but we have Verizon for cell phones, so I'm not 100% sure about that.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:06 PM

We ended up with u-verse, and I can't believe how much cheaper it is than what we're paying for our services in Denver. Yay!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 PM

165 posts, read 284,842 times
miche111e, Did you find a good pediatric denist? I'm on the lookout for quality one for my 4 year old.

Any one else with pediatic dentist opinions? I'm located on the northwest side of town but am willing to travel across town for a good experience...and assuming they take Tricare Dental.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:59 PM

187 posts, read 296,520 times
I love my girls' pediatric dentist... it's Dr Gerling, and she's in Stone Oak on Hardy Oak.

Little Teeth of Texas

Old 04-24-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesmic View Post
miche111e, Did you find a good pediatric denist? I'm on the lookout for quality one for my 4 year old.

Any one else with pediatic dentist opinions? I'm located on the northwest side of town but am willing to travel across town for a good experience...and assuming they take Tricare Dental.
I haven't yet. Luckily we got a cleaning before we left CO.
I need someone who specializes in kids' teeth because my son had his last molar grow in without enamel or an adult tooth under. LOng story short, the ped dentist we had knew just what to do with his mouth and lo and behold there is an adult tooth under there now (seen via xray of course). Anyhow, he has a spacer and she says that when they time comes for it to be adjusted she says that any ped dentist will know what to do, hence we'd like a ped dentist.

I only make note of this because I always get the people who tell me just to take my kids to the family dentist, which I am sure is great in most cases, just not ours.

Thanks for the recs. I am going to make a list.

We also have United Concordia (Tricare).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio