U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,288,232 times

Advertisements

free wi-fi is a good thing too

I don't remember seeing what type of food we're talking about here, did I miss it? or hasn't it been mentioned yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 PM

24 posts, read 38,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
free wi-fi is a good thing too

I don't remember seeing what type of food we're talking about here, did I miss it? or hasn't it been mentioned yet?
I havent really said. I'm looking at a very diverse menu, from rare to everyday. It's one of the reasons I brought up themes before, so I could increase the menu. Most restaurants are limited by their paper menus because you don't want to overwhelm a customer with too many options. But with the table, all you would have to do is decide what type of food you would like (soup, sandwich, pasta; chinese, american, cuban, thai, etc.) and go from there.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:36 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,727,222 times
I'm excited about this. Jules, Paka, et al, you guys have great advice.

And Jules, I'll make you a deputy moderator of the day shirt.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM

24 posts, read 38,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I'm excited about this. Jules, Paka, et al, you guys have great advice.

And Jules, I'll make you a deputy moderator of the day shirt.
You should be excited It's a great platform, let's hope Microsoft can come through for me.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,288,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbjork88 View Post
I havent really said. I'm looking at a very diverse menu, from rare to everyday. It's one of the reasons I brought up themes before, so I could increase the menu. Most restaurants are limited by their paper menus because you don't want to overwhelm a customer with too many options. But with the table, all you would have to do is decide what type of food you would like (soup, sandwich, pasta; chinese, american, cuban, thai, etc.) and go from there.
good, that's what I've been looking for. But I want one that sells only food that I like and something I want that particular day. I'll e-mail you my menu every morning

Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,135,787 times
Does anyone remember Zoopa's? They had a huge salad bar, several soups, breads, and the baked chicken was hiding behind the counter, but if you asked real nice, you could have a piece. Anyway, it was always super-fresh and really great-tasting. Busy, too, so I was surprised when we went for a group lunch at my old job and they were all closed up.

So...........a nice, fresh salad bar, with lots of different veggies (they even had jicama, which I hardly ever see on a salad bar), a big variety of dressings, plenty of fresh fruit, wraps, deli meats, different varieties of breads, and some healthy sides........and you got yourself a deal.

Also, some healthy homestyle cooking for those chilly days, or the days when you just want your mama.........but with a healthy spin. Yes, we want gravy, but can you make it low-fat?

And for the d-mod (THAT'S GONNA GO TO HER HEAD ), and the other imbibers, a nice wine list, and a full bar.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:53 PM

3,337 posts, read 9,824,414 times
If you're looking for a little help, there is a restaurant consultant, the restaurant mentor (you can google it). I think it's the only restaurant consultant in the local area, who can help with stuff like writing business plans and finding suppliers, etc. It sounds like you got burned by a market consultant, but he'll give you more than just some report... like hands on help.

I live near alamo ranch, and would advise against country themed because of the Stockyards on Westover Hills, only about 10 minutes away. The restaurants here are always busy. Olive Garden and Chilis are the only non-fast food (unless you count Jims) and they have consistant waits for table. I bet you can even get reduced rent in the new shopping centers across from Alamo Ranch because they are having a really hard time filling their spaces due to the economy.

Sorry I can't help you with investors though... it's hard to come by money right now.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 PM

3,337 posts, read 9,824,414 times
Hey, I also wanted to tell you that I would love to have a place like Panera! I love Panera but don't want to drive that far. I bet you could do boxed lunches too! I dunno.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM

3,650 posts, read 6,457,958 times
Open up a Cereality cafe... I think it would do gangbusters here, as the idea is so original and I really doubt there is anything even close to this here. So many college kids around here, if you opened up on in Alamo Ranch or Near UTSA, I think it would do very well

Cereality

Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM

15,062 posts, read 19,619,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbjork88 View Post
What would be a reasonable dining price for you?
I find it very weird that you are asking this question

If you really want to know what price is reasonable, you have to go and find out yourself.
People are willing to pay more depending on the location, atmosphere, quantity of food, quality of food, etc.
So, it's something that you have to go and find out yourself.

We can't just tell you "$10 would be great" because people don't just pay for the food, they also pay for the experience, the service, the location (other things to see close by), etc, etc.

Maybe you'd have luck with indian food,
seems to me like there's almost no indian restaurant in San Antonio.

Last edited by Dopo; 01-26-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or