U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times

Advertisements

We have noticed that if you want to eat ANYWHERE in San Antonio the later it gets the longer the wait. I think that early (before 5:30) is the best bet for those that can. Works for us that get to bed early to get up early...realize that is way to early for the nightowls. Heck, I have some kids that would be eating breakfast right about then...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 05:36 AM

4,081 posts, read 6,085,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I bet you won't have a problem if you go around 5:30 PM tonight. That's when I went last week and I just breezed in.
and it's a good thing that it's popular. I'm sure there are quite a few posters in this thread are not happy to see how popular it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Went last night, got there about 5pm, waited about 5 minutes...service and food were VERY good...will definitely be back. Total bill for the two of us less than $19 before tip and we were STUFFED.

We did drink water with dinner vs something else...too much caffine already over the weekend with all the ice tea...didn't want troubles sleeping last night since it is back to the salt mines today!
Went two different times...that didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Not sure if they'll miss you or not.....sounds like they are packed!

I used to feel the same way as you, till I realized I burned up that 30 minutes and a bunch of gas going to "someplace else" and often ended up waiting there as well. If it's a popular place, chances are, you'll have a wait. Might as will sit and drink or at least be comfy.
The last time we went on to Gradys and had chicken BBQ plates that came out to less than half of what we would have spent at Cheddar's....and they weren't too shabby either.....There's a lot of other places that would love to take your money and not make you wait.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 AM

14,614 posts, read 31,145,156 times
I know there are other places that don't make you wait. My point is....how long did it take you to get back in your car and drive to Grady's? There's one on Fred. Rd. and one on Bandera......and San Pedro...is there one closer to Cheddar's? I can't think of one, but maybe there is....I know in this economy they should be worried about seating you and not losing your business, but it's only so big in there.

Either way, suit yourself...it's your money and time, not mine.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,295,799 times
It would be interesting to hear how the sales are at this location. It seems a lot chain restaurants that open on the suburbia hell side of town are at or near the peak of nationwide sales and from the sounds of it, this Cheddars should also be there. Hopefully all this is getting some attention from other places that need to move out here, especially since we are so accepting of nasty, tasteless food with awful presentations..

Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM

11,933 posts, read 12,802,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Went last night, got there about 5pm, waited about 5 minutes...service and food were VERY good...will definitely be back. Total bill for the two of us less than $19 before tip and we were STUFFED.

We did drink water with dinner vs something else...too much caffine already over the weekend with all the ice tea...didn't want troubles sleeping last night since it is back to the salt mines today!
what did you get??

Old 07-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Hubby had the cajun catfish grilled (and it was GREAT and I am VERY picky about my fish) and I had a HUGE platter of shrimp. There were 10, but they were so big I ate 5 and DH finished the other 5. Each came with 2 sides. we both got green beans and I got the loaded potato and he got the rice.

RD, our waiter said they had broken all records for Cheddars openings in their first week...by 25%. Everyone was THRILLED with the amt of business, and based on my experience (and the reports of everyone except DF) I think they will be kept busy if they continue to do what they are currently doing to keep the customer satisfied!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM

wow! 25%? that's a big, BIG number. Now the next question is who at the corporate level delayed the SA opening so long? Even San Angelo has had one for years, so I don't know what the deal was with the extremely long delay. That means the chain haters in here aren't the only ones with egg on their faces. The good thing is this should get even more attention to this area. I think they would've been happy with a tie for the record or a 5-10% increase, but doubt anyone imagined 25%. That's just crazy good.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:34 PM

Of course, that info was from a waiter, but he spouted info like they had gotten the brief, so I am thinking he was being honest.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:05 PM

I would think they would use information like that as a motivator. The manager of the SA restaurant came from the original Cheddars in Arlington (he told us this when he brought out my wife's hockey puck), so he probably knows what he's doing. Hopefully there's a nice bonus in it for him like there was for the Potranco Freddy's management.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM

4,081 posts, read 6,085,749 times
Just one more chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or