Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 AM

554 posts, read 2,306,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
Probably the only premier school is Reagan. Churchill, Madison and McArthur have problems. Drugs and fights top the list. This is not gossip but actual comments from parents that have children in these schools.
Reagan has it's fair share of drug problems as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 11:05 AM

34 posts, read 240,592 times
Thanks for the info,
Is Reagan a high school? As I have a 10th grader this year 07-08 school year

Old 05-07-2007, 11:46 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
NEISD is not the premier school district in San Antonio. It is good but not the premier. All school districts have their problems.

Probably the only premier school is Reagan. Churchill, Madison and McArthur have problems. Drugs and fights top the list. This is not gossip but actual comments from parents that have children in these schools.

The NEISD schools in the inner parts of the district have many problems. The only distinction between NEISD and NISD is that nobody talks about them. Again this is not gossip but actual comments from teachers and administrators at these schools.

So to say that NEISD is the premier school district is totally false. Good yes. All schools have problems. But it's up to the parents to make them better.
My Son attends Churchill and we have not heard of any problems there - which is unusual show me a school that doesnt have problems

Old 05-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Reagan is a high school that serves the stone oak area.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:23 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Reagan is a high school that serves the stone oak area.
Which one has been capped ?? Reagan or McArthur ??

Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM

Thanks, I am not from the area. I will look up there status tonite and see what's what.
Ciao

Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM

Reagan has been capped.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Reagan has been capped.
What does that mean"capped" and is that good or bad.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 PM

27 posts, read 127,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
Tatft has seen an extremely large number of transfer students coming from SAISD schools as well as West Campus HS and McCollum HS.

Lots of kids get kicked out of school for one reason or another(drugs,fighting, etc) and their parents move to cheap housing off Les Harrison and Culebra, or the mbile homes across from Tatf HS and other below average housing that all falls into the Tatf disrict and those kids who were kicked out of McCollum, HS and etc are now at Taft.

Taft is fading fast.

I have heard lots of bad about Stevens and lots of bad about Warren as well.

I think it is safe to say that NEISD is the primiere ISD in SA.

Surrounding communities in Schertz and Cibolo as well as Comal ISD have outstanding schools, districts, and leadership.

Not too mention better athletcis for the most part as well.
I think from an all around district standpoint, Alamo Heights ISD has to be considered the "premiere" in San Antonio. If it were not for "Robin Hood" there would be no question AHISD would be the top in SA.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3t2smart View Post
We are thinking about moving to Tx and would like to know who has the best school system outside SA. We are moving from overseas and our son will be a 10 grader this year. He has been very sheltered and we would like to keep it that way if you know what I mean.

Can anyone tell me about the high schools 9-12 GRADES in the North / North East side with short bus rides or short walking distance commutes. We are looking at a houses in Guadalupe county. Do tell what's good and whats NOT...
I take it you're looking in the Schertz area (Guadalupe County). If so, here is how the Samuel Clemens High School is rated:

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/...chool/tx/6184/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio