U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:57 AM

734 posts, read 2,732,970 times

Advertisements

Go here: http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Ca...hildCare2.aspx

Children's Academy recently had violations due to no background checks on 8 of their employees! Not acceptable in my book. My friend had her daughter there for a short while and pulled her out.

Children's Lighthouse has some deficiencies on their report as well, looks to be regarding feeding and sanitation.

I'd look through the list of daycare centers through dfps and see which have the fewest amount of deficiencies and tour each place before you decide. The tour is the best way to see if it has the right feel or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Oh - and I'd like to recommend Country Kids Academy on Evan's and just east of 281. They are excellent, family run and overall a great place.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:57 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,413,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Go here: http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Ca...hildCare2.aspx

Children's Academy recently had violations due to no background checks on 8 of their employees! Not acceptable in my book. My friend had her daughter there for a short while and pulled her out.

Children's Lighthouse has some deficiencies on their report as well, looks to be regarding feeding and sanitation.

I'd look through the list of daycare centers through dfps and see which have the fewest amount of deficiencies and tour each place before you decide. The tour is the best way to see if it has the right feel or not.
Since the owner (or a VERY interested party) posts here often, I would be interested in what they say about it.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:22 PM

330 posts, read 829,406 times
You know PROBE we keep going in circles about this subject... you continually attack because I am passionate about The Childrens Acacdemey and my expierences with them!!! ----I have said before I am not the owner or an interested party-- this was one your MANY posts that keeps going on and on... By the way how many years ago have your children gone there? Maybe you have an intrest in St Thomas since it is also privately owned

My kids also went to St. Thomas. I know of MANY excellent pre-schools that offer part-time. In fact, pre-school is generally geared towards a 3 hour per day curriculum. Now, they may be more concentrated in certain areas. Where I live, it seems that most of the kids attend some sort of pre-school. This has nothing to do with staying home or not.

Many times I have posted on this forum when people suggest daycares as pre-school.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Since the owner (or a VERY interested party) posts here often, I would be interested in what they say about it.
I would hope that isn't the owner. I would expect the owner to defend themselves in a more professional manner with attention to grammar and spelling.

I can accept things on the reports about some things - and some things are remedied at the time of the report. Storage of belongings, trash cans being accessible by children, depth of mulch on the playground are all minor things. Failure to have complete background checks is not acceptable at all and I would remove my children immediately demanding a refund.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
You know PROBE we keep going in circles about this subject... you continually attack because I am passionate about The Childrens Acacdemey and my expierences with them!!! ----I have said before I am not the owner or an interested party-- this was one your MANY posts that keeps going on and on... By the way how many years ago have your children gone there? Maybe you have an intrest in St Thomas since it is also privately owned

My kids also went to St. Thomas. I know of MANY excellent pre-schools that offer part-time. In fact, pre-school is generally geared towards a 3 hour per day curriculum. Now, they may be more concentrated in certain areas. Where I live, it seems that most of the kids attend some sort of pre-school. This has nothing to do with staying home or not.

Many times I have posted on this forum when people suggest daycares as pre-school.

[+] Rate this post positively
A. I'm not necessarily talking about you
B. I've never attacked you
C. St. Thomas is church based, and is affilated with the Episcopal Diocese of West Texas, so no, I don't have an interest.
D. I don't understand your comment about "staying home", or about preschools, etc.
E. If the owner is truly on this board, it WOULD be a great opportunity for him/her to address the issue.

Last edited by pobre; 02-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
I can accept things on the reports about some things - and some things are remedied at the time of the report. Storage of belongings, trash cans being accessible by children, depth of mulch on the playground are all minor things. Failure to have complete background checks is not acceptable at all and I would remove my children immediately demanding a refund.

I agree. Posting a report is one thing. Background checks, etc., is a completely different and non-negotiable issue.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 PM

Probe those are your comments from another post

Old 02-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac12 View Post
Probe those are your comments from another post
Umm, OK

Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Turtle Mom... I checked your link to the DPS website and do not see where it says 8 employees --- My spelling might not have been up to par -- due to typing too fast. But it's good to see we have such an expert on board!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio