Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,906,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I agree, they do have good burgers there. I forgot about them. Thanks

Isn't Bandera an awesome little town??? Do you know what OST stands for? Or what the locals call it anyway?
Old Spanish Trail?? No idea what the locals call it...tell us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,176,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Old Spanish Trail?? No idea what the locals call it...tell us!
Well you got the first word right. The middle word is sagging. You can guess the rest.
No, I didn't come up with it

Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,897,048 times
Thanks alot, TXtrkgrl, now that'll pop into my head the next time I eat there!

And I didn't know they served burgers there. Most of the meals I have had at the OST have been breakfasts...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Thanks alot, TXtrkgrl, now that'll pop into my head the next time I eat there!

And I didn't know they served burgers there. Most of the meals I have had at the OST have been breakfasts...

Cheers! M2
I have only had a bite of my kids burger and it was pretty darn good.
Their chicken fried chicken breast (not the chicken strips) is very good, but I don't get it often because it is waaaay too filling and then I feel guilty.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Had a burger at OST tonight. It was pretty darn good. I got the Duke burger with cheese. It comes with grilled onions, the onion were chopped small. It was 6.25 for the burger and onion rings.
The onion rings were good, they were the thick sliced, homemade ones.

Maybe I'm a little partial too. I just love the small town of Bandera. I ran into my high school ag teacher in there. I usually see someone I know when I'm there.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I really like the burgers at Freddy's Frozen Custard but, what makes them so good is also the reason I don't eat there much. The meat is pressed thin and dropped on the grill. It makes for an interesting texture, but they end up being what I like to call, "air burgers". Unless I'm prepared to order double meat w/chili cheese fries, I'll walk away hungry.
We tried the Freddy's on Potranco last night, and I have to agree with everything you said. I got a double steak burger and whereas it was good 9as were the fries), it wasn't filling. I suspect since it is primarily a frozen custard joint, they want you to leave room for dessert!

My wife tried the veggie burger and was unimpressed. I thought the food was good and the price was right, but it is not the place to go if you are really hungry! But for a workday lunch, it may just be the ticket!

Cheers! M2

Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,256,096 times
I went to Freddys once, when I was pregnant and needless to say I was pretty disapointed, I always just figured it was cause I was the size of a house and could eat a small pony at that point.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:16 PM

778 posts, read 2,493,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Had a burger at OST tonight. It was pretty darn good. I got the Duke burger with cheese. It comes with grilled onions, the onion were chopped small. It was 6.25 for the burger and onion rings.
The onion rings were good, they were the thick sliced, homemade ones.
Added to the list. I think we have dined there in the past but didn't have the burgers.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:23 PM

Another article...this time it is the best burgers on the South Side...

Favorite burger places around the South Side worth eating at (http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/Favorite_burger_places_around_the_South_Side_worth _eating_at.html - broken link)

Cheers! M2

Old 11-03-2009, 06:27 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,594,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Another article...this time it is the best burgers on the South Side...

Favorite burger places around the South Side worth eating at (http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/Favorite_burger_places_around_the_South_Side_worth _eating_at.html - broken link)

Cheers! M2
This article says The Lord's Kitchen is on the South side. It isn't. It's on the East side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio