U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 03:49 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,071,097 times

Advertisements

I read an interesting story about Medina Lake. The dam was designed and funded by the British. An engineer named Pearson. He founded Natalia, named it after his daughter. When WWI broke out his funding was interrupted. He needed to go to England and straighten things out. He boarded the Lusitania!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 08:11 PM

28 posts, read 71,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
helendha - Where abouts NW are you? I'm around that area too :] My husband was in the USAF until April of this year. Is that how you met? He was stationed at Lakenheath & we met through mutual friends.

CamaroGuy - Damn straight!
Sorry, totally missed your reply and only just realized I hadn't answered you.

I'm over in Alamo Ranch. Message me if you're really close by, we can maybe do coffee?!

Actually, we met on a blind date (still haven't forgiven that 'friend') when I worked in The Netherlands and he was stationed over there. He then PCS'd to Italy and after a couple of years of long-distance dating it was do or die....... He's due to retire from USAF sometime in the next 12 months (he's waiting to hear back on a date) and it can't come a second too soon for me!

Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 PM

21 posts, read 47,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I read an interesting story about Medina Lake. The dam was designed and funded by the British. An engineer named Pearson. He founded Natalia, named it after his daughter. When WWI broke out his funding was interrupted. He needed to go to England and straighten things out. He boarded the Lusitania!!!

Wow - that is very fascinating. Thank you for sharing this - I just love interesting tidbits like this. I'll have to get that Lusitania book back from the library and look this poor guy up. I'm assuming he wasn't one of the few survivors? Poor guy - being on that final run of the Lusitania was a bad deal . . .

Old 06-26-2011, 10:21 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,111,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckled_Hen View Post
Wow - that is very fascinating. Thank you for sharing this - I just love interesting tidbits like this. I'll have to get that Lusitania book back from the library and look this poor guy up. I'm assuming he wasn't one of the few survivors? Poor guy - being on that final run of the Lusitania was a bad deal . . .
The whole story on the building of Medina Lake Dam...

Medina Lake and Canal System

But to save you the trouble, Dr. Fred Stark Pearson and his wife perished aboard the Lusitania.

Cheers! M2

Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 PM

502 posts, read 813,426 times
He'll yeah! I managed to date one! Let me tell you not only are they sexy but damn freaks! Lol

Old 07-03-2011, 12:21 PM

210 posts, read 438,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
i know 2:

1 who's really into video games like i am and another who is a bit large, snobbish, defensive and all around killjoy to be around.

i dont speak to the ladder anymore, since she decided her club life was more important than her friends, and the former, hes too engrossed in video games to bother me anymore (which is kinda good since he would call me anytime he had a console/computer issue and id have to drive out there and fix it)
I'm a huge gamer too!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,184,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
I'm a huge gamer too!
but you dont call me all hours wanting video game support :P

to be fair, he did pay me when he did call and he paid well!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:06 PM

3,491 posts, read 5,640,585 times
i like brit women but if i ever married a foreign woman it would be a german but im hoping for a native texan my dad is a native texan but my mom is from arkansas.i am of english descent among many other things

Old 08-17-2011, 01:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,005 times
Thumbs up Sure is

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Thought I would see if there are any Brits in SA ???
sure is i am one of them

Old 08-25-2011, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,005 times
sure is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or