Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 12:51 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times

Advertisements

hello guys sorry I'm late on this, but Loop 410 only has one lane open from culebra all the way to Callaghan (paining and putting reflectors on the road)

and onward to the more important...

I went to my parents house for lunch and when I got off my car. (my lazy ass didnt want to walk around the block lol) well I noticed five little kids setting things on fire at that church. Well soon enough it got out of hand and a huge fire erupted. So three little girls ran and the two boys that were with them were throwing water trying to put it out. Well I noticed an older man yelling and waving his arms at the girls could of been their father. But when the fire department arrived they put it out quick. but they held the two boys, I went to make shure they knew about those other three girls helping out with the fire. My dad says that was the fourth time he's seen them lighting stuff up in there. anywhere from paper to cigaretes( although I do not know where could they possibly get them) So I wrote myself in as a witness, but they were more interested in my brother's testimony because he saw them lighting the fire.

So I kinda feel like a snitch, but if the wind were to be blowing it could of spread it and who knows some hot embers could fall on someone's roof and..... well....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Are you talking about the Church on 1604 between the camping resort area and Academy?? If not, which church??? There is the one on Potranco that backs into a section of Westcreek as well.
Glad that you guys gave the info that you did...kids have no idea how these dry conditions and winds could spell disaster for in that area...sure hope the police get the info they need (names) from the ones detained on those that got away!

Old 01-31-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Are you talking about the Church on 1604 between the camping resort area and Academy?? If not, which church??? There is the one on Potranco that backs into a section of Westcreek as well.
Glad that you guys gave the info that you did...kids have no idea how these dry conditions and winds could spell disaster for in that area...sure hope the police get the info they need (names) from the ones detained on those that got away!
no the church on Potranco. By Groshenbacker out towards talley. I think its Saving Grace Church or something like that, Its next to the dominos shopping center

Old 01-31-2009, 04:51 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
That's Amazing Grace Lutheran. And no, you absolutely did the right thing.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
I think you did the right thing too. The kids might not understand how something like that can get out hand but I am more than sure they know better than to be playing with fire. I think that church also runs a daycare.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:23 PM

ohh okay, the girls father was staring at me on my way back home, I told him if there was a problem. He said no, no then turned into his garage. I think I made an enemy today. but rest be ashured that I dont think he'd be comfortable watching little kids set things on fire right infront of his house.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
ohh okay, the girls father was staring at me on my way back home, I told him if there was a problem. He said no, no then turned into his garage. I think I made an enemy today. but rest be ashured that I dont think he'd be comfortable watching little kids set things on fire right infront of his house.
he should be thanking you! what if something had happened to one of or both of his kids! you did good SVG!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:52 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
He should be watching his kids, not watching you. You're not out setting fires and threatening homes and churches. (right???) :P

Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,003 times
You MOST definitely did the right thing. I wish more people would speak up when they see something suspicious or someone doing something totally out of line like that. No telling what could have happened. There was recently something on TV (a special on one of the network stations) and I saw a clip where they were filming at a bar and setting up an incident to see if people would step up to the plate....the scenario was two actors are sitting at a bar having drinks (male and female)...the female goes to the restroom and while she's gone her "date" puts something in her drink. The reporter wanted to see if people would tell the girl what happened...turns out that the majority of folks did nothing! That is just scary IMO - I would feel as if I didn't step in that I had, in some way, contributed to a potential crime or death or something.

Anyway, probably more than you wanted to know, but I feel as if we have become a society of complacent cowards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio