U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:47 PM

470 posts, read 1,790,137 times

Advertisements

I checked out Terramont yesterday afternoon. It seems like a great location to be in. We're not looking to purchase land for another year, but I was curious to take the drive up to this area. There are some really nice properties that way. Very impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDaniels View Post
That is funny....I bought #99 and #28. We really should "talk" about building timeframe and styles of houses. I know we both have some great views and YES at night your lot has GREAT views of many many lights.
Yes, funny enough... We just bought #31. The salesman told me that there were 121/226 lots sold last weekend. My wife almost bought another lot. We knew this weekend is gonna be another BIG BIG sale! Well, is there any city view from #31, Steve? BTW, how did you check the view? I have been checking this area but the gate was locked most of the time. Somehow, I missed last weekend's grand openning; Otherwise, I would pick #28. That's a good one. BTW, I bought a book talking about being a general contractor to build a house. My original take is follow the book, get the construction loan, and build the house by myself. Any idea or comments? One more thing! There is a pond/lake in the central park area (about 50 acres) but the salesman said the pond/lake will be taken out?! I also found out that the entrance at Babcock will be augmented to have a left/right turn area. But not sure where exactly is the entrance going to be? BTW, Tim Duncan's house is nearby Cielo Vista!

Old 05-18-2007, 06:43 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,912,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain_boy View Post
Well, is there any city view from #31, Steve? BTW, how did you check the view? I have been checking this area but the gate was locked most of the time.
Yes, you will have a great view from #31. We bought #29 and as you know Steve has #28. All we need to know now is who has #30!

Contact your sales person and they will give you the code to the lock on the gate. We went out there last weekend at night to see the view. It's a VERY rough ride up the hill though so be warned!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:46 PM

37 posts, read 150,395 times
MountainBoy.....lot 31 has a GREAT view....it is very very wide which means you can get a dramatic house on there. Send me PM if you want.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM

337 posts, read 741,230 times
So, I finally signed all of our papers yesterday. Officially the proud owners of Lot #29.
Has anyone heard when building can actually start? Opening weekend they said it would be a year before it is ready.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:37 PM

10 posts, read 24,170 times
We bought lot 125 on a culde sac that backs up to the park. We just bought it a few days ago and will probably be the first to move in as we are moving from Atlanta and have teenage girls. Hope it's not too isolating at first. It's one acre. I would love to know asap if we paid too much. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 PM

10,864 posts, read 11,912,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula 11 View Post
I would love to know asap if we paid too much. Thanks!
I doubt it. We paid a lot more than I had planned to for a lot the size we bought. I wouldn't doubt that its some of the most expensive residential property in the city right now.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 AM

37 posts, read 150,395 times
I also doubt you paid to much, this is going to be a very high end development and the only one on that side of town that is new. I will PM you my cell number.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 PM

10 posts, read 43,986 times
Hello!!

I just discovered this forum. Well Snake, while I was reading your post, I thought I was reading myself. You were looking at the same thing that my wife and I are looking, including the same locations, size, views... it means I had competition

I am glad to hear that you found what you were looking for. We also looked at Terra Mont but were not too impressed. We went after the grand opening and maybe most of the nice lots were solt. What we looked at was too small and too steep. the community is also a big bigger than what we wanted.

In crownridge, I have views on a lot that is owned by a individual. He was supposed to built 1 year or 2 ago and hasn't started yet so hopefully he will sell it :-) It has everything i am looking for, right size, right slope, good hill country views and city views.

Steve, do you know when cresta bella will open? seems like it could be a nice place too.

Cielo vista has some good communities opening, but the price range is a bit higher than what we are looking for.

Anyway, that was nice to read you and I found very funny that you guys are going to be neighbors! What a coincidence!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,642 times
Default Cougars in Crownridge Canyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw View Post
Check out postoakdevelopment.com and look at Cresta Bella. It is near Crownridge and will have outstanding city views, but don't know when they are starting to build. You might want to also try Dominion or Highlands Ranch. These hoods are both out I-10 and I know some of the lots have outstanding city views, just not sure what is still available.
I'd caution people against that area. Cresta Bella will be located on Crownridge Canyon. That canyon is surrounded by development and the wildlife is getting squeezed into the area where Cresta Bella will be. My mother's house is at the edge of the canyon, and she has had visits from cougars and huge black wild boars. The boars have destroyed her pond and her landscaping! They are also known to be very dangerous. I have heard cougars/pumas/mountain lions from that very hill, and I've seen their tracks in the mud around her pond. I'm sure Cresta Bella will be lovely but DANGEROUS! They even had to close down a park with nature trails in that very spot, due to the cougars. I've heard shotguns being fired as well, in an attempt to scare the boars and cougars away. If you go out there to check the area out, BE CAREFUL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio