Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:40 AM

173 posts, read 617,401 times

Advertisements

Looks like Wiseman is being extended from 1604 to Talley. Anyone know of plans for things like subdivisions or businesses along this route?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 11:32 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,154,500 times
Default The Village at West Pointe

This was included in an earlier posting on here concerning all the empty land surrounding Wiseman Blvd and Alamo Ranch and what is proposed. Click on the link to the overall land plan.
Looks as if Grosenbacher Rd will be extended north towards Wiseman and on into Alamo Ranch where it will then become Alamo Parkway and then FM 1560 north of Culebra Rd. The new Potranco West High School is proposed to be located just to the east and south of where Grosenbacher and Wiseman will cross.

http://www.sullivan-commercial.com/p...page=1&goto=30

Old 03-15-2007, 07:48 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
This was included in an earlier posting on here concerning all the empty land surrounding Wiseman Blvd and Alamo Ranch and what is proposed. Click on the link to the overall land plan.
Looks as if Grosenbacher Rd will be extended north toward Wiseman and on into Alamo Ranch where it will then become Alamo Parkway and then FM 1560 north of Culebra Rd. The new Potranco West High School is proposed to be located just to the east and south of where Grosenbacher and Wiseman will cross.

http://www.sullivan-commercial.com/p...page=1&goto=30
By looking at the map, it looks like The Village of West Pointe development is too far North of the end of Grosenbacher Rd. I am not so sure Grosenbacher Rd will be extended North to Culebra. I noticed last week a big sign of 135 acres for sale and the sign was right where the current road ends. To the left is High Pointe and to the right is 25 acres owned by the Villages of Westcreek. Maybe Grosenbacher will meet the same fate as Military Drive West that ended at Grosenbacher when homes in Westcreek High Pointe village were built in its path.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:46 PM

Hey Steelman

I would agree with you but I clicked on the link that shows West Bexar County Residential Lot Growth from the Sullivan Commercial site...

http://www.sullivan-commercial.com/U...wth%202007.pdf

If you click on the above and look at where the proposed streets are planned, you can see where Grosenbacher clearly connects with Alamo Parkway (all the white broken lines show new streets or extensions of streets as you probably know). I've seen that street extension in every residential lot growth map over the last few years. I'm hoping that Grosenbacher doesn't get "blocked" like Military Drive West was blocked but according to these preliminary maps, it isn't and it looks to continue further north to Culebra. Let me know what you think as I could be viewing it wrong...

Old 03-15-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Hey Steelman

I would agree with you but I clicked on the link that shows West Bexar County Residential Lot Growth from the Sullivan Commercial site...

http://www.sullivan-commercial.com/U...wth%202007.pdf

If you click on the above and look at where the proposed streets are planned, you can see where Grosenbacher clearly connects with Alamo Parkway (all the white broken lines show new streets or extensions of streets as you probably know). I've seen that street extension in every residential lot growth map over the last few years. I'm hoping that Grosenbacher doesn't get "blocked" like Military Drive West was blocked but according to these preliminary maps, it isn't and it looks to continue further north to Culebra. Let me know what you think as I could be viewing it wrong...
You are reading the map correct and I hope that Grosenbacher continues north. With West Pointe up for sell and the possibility of the areas being owned by different developers, along with whoever buys the 135 acres, it may be difficult for the different parties to agree on who is going to pay for the road. Let's hope it works out.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Let's hope it works out.
I totally agree...and although I don't live there day in and day out anymore, but for my parent's sake and your sake and everyone else that has to traverse these growing areas every day, let's hope it does work out that way! I think it will make for a terrific short cut, especially if they do build the new high school where it is proposed to be and if all the new growth in the area pans out.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Amen to that. I could take Grosenbacher to Wiseman and up that street just past Loop 1604 where I work. Nice way to avoid traffic on Loop 1604!

Old 03-16-2007, 04:38 AM

173 posts, read 617,401 times
I still find it hard to believe so much growth has and still is happening! I remember visiting my boyfriend's (now husband) parents back in the early 90's and driving way out to the middle of nowhere to get to their home in Oakcreek. Driving in the pitch black night, hoping I wouldn't encounter any stray cows as I made my way down that curvy little 2 lane road, Potranco.....looking for the Lonestar Ice house as my guide to get into their subdivision.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 AM

119 posts, read 544,130 times
How are there enough businesses/services to serve all the growth??? When I drive around out there it doesn't seem like there is anything but neighborhoods. How far do people in this area have to drive to get to doctors, dentists, restaurants??? Will the new Alamo Ranch shopping area be a huge help in this area? Thanks, I'm just a little confused.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 AM

260 posts, read 1,145,037 times
Default you are correct

Yes, there will be quite a bit of commercial development with the new AR Marketplace, however, there will be other projects serving this area as well. Doctors offices, Banks, Pharmacies, et al have been provided for in the community's master plan. As you know, Potranco / 1604 has plenty going on for the West of 1604 Potranco and Military crowd as well. Even a movie theater going in. There's a thread about all this stuff you could look for if you want more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio