U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 AM

2,027 posts, read 6,365,153 times

Advertisements

San Antonio Police Officer Arrested for Indecent Exposure | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

SAPD Officer was arrested and charged with indecent exposure to 2 UTSA students. The officer has been placed on administrative duties pending an internal investigation.

UTSAPD recently received international accreditation and is the only PD in Bexar County to do so. So sad that UTSAPD has to babysit SAPD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,357,274 times
this is definitely a screwed up police department here. I've never been anywhere where I had almost no confidence in the police department, but that's the way I feel about this one. It's gone downhill since that chief took over too.. coincidence?

and how much crap is the SAPD taking from the UTSAPD right now? You know they're cramming it down their throats and it's well deserved too

Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 PM

2,027 posts, read 6,365,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
this is definitely a screwed up police department here. I've never been anywhere where I had almost no confidence in the police department, but that's the way I feel about this one. It's gone downhill since that chief took over too.. coincidence?

and how much crap is the SAPD taking from the UTSAPD right now? You know they're cramming it down their throats and it's well deserved too
Send McManus back to Minneapolis. He took over with a 5-year decrease in crime rates and has seen it rise each year. Not to mention all the public scandals under his watch.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:33 PM

I'm not a city resident, so I think I can only throw rocks from the sidelines unfortunately.

that sorta sucks, though, because I have had SAPD impact my life a few times..

Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM

12 posts, read 25,358 times
Yeah, unfortunately we have a PD that finds that it is much more important to try and catch someone doing 70 in a 60 on 410 or pulling someone over for a blown taillight, rather than catch rapists, theives, murderers, muggers and child molestors.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 PM

All I ever see them do is hang out in gas station parking lots. Every day they are at the 1604/Military Shell, 1604/Potranco Valero, and that Valero on SW Military between the BX gate and Security Hill gate. Every day I see them there. Not just some days, every day. Those three stations will NEVER be robbed, although I doubt they would notice because there's always at least two cars with the cops inside them BSing. I always wanted to stop and make sure their engines aren't running, otherwise I would have to call al bore on them

Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 PM

1,241 posts, read 3,901,470 times
Sorry, this is one bad apple, they say it spoils the bunch but my brother who I am very proud of is a Detective in the Sex Crimes Unit works very hard to get perverts off the street and I hate to think that you guys think of him in the same light. Go ahead and fire ball this guy for what he did but please, not all are like this guy. Thank you for taking the time to read this and be safe. SA Greed

Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 PM

199 posts, read 598,488 times
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

Old 02-11-2009, 10:03 PM

1,241 posts, read 3,901,470 times
Yep, that's what he does. Thx Pont I will rep you for that.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:59 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,239,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
San Antonio Police Officer Arrested for Indecent Exposure | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

SAPD Officer was arrested and charged with indecent exposure to 2 UTSA students. The officer has been placed on administrative duties pending an internal investigation.

UTSAPD recently received international accreditation and is the only PD in Bexar County to do so. So sad that UTSAPD has to babysit SAPD.

Ill have to admit SAPD is not the best but the highlighted portion of your post is weak at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Send McManus back to Minneapolis. He took over with a 5-year decrease in crime rates and has seen it rise each year. Not to mention all the public scandals under his watch.
This statement is not true.

The only crime that increased was property crime.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/YTDCR...TA_08FINAL.PDF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or