Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:07 PM

47 posts, read 155,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
VERY MUCH AGREE!!

I've seen Enrique Iglesias/Paulina Rubio, and Chicago/Earth Wind & Fire there.

IT'S WAY TOO DAMN FAR!!! I live near downtown and I HATED having to go WAY OUT IN THE BOONIES to see concerts!

Most of the time if me and my Dad saw a concert we liked we didn't wanna go because of the extreme distance!

THE PRICES WERE OUTRAGEOUS. I could not believe how much they were charging for a beer. I "think" it was 7 dollars for a beer that would have cost a dollar something at Valero!!!

A slice a pizza for like 5 bucks. HIGHWAY ROBBERY LOL. I thought I was at Fiesta or something as they charge a lot during that time of the year.

TRAFFIC IS HORRIBLE. My Aunt and Dad went to see Heart/Journey earlier this year and THEY MISSED HALF OF THE CONCERT BECAUSE THE TRAFFIC WAS SO BAD GETTING IN!

What a ripoff!!

I hope they renovate the PRIDE of San Antonio, Sunken Gardens; If they have to tear some of it down and build it back up...do it!

Behind the Sunken Gardens' "measly" seating area there is SO MUCH SPACE that is NOT being utilized (even on the side where there is ALL that empty space on the right and left side of the measly seating area)...they can renovate, tear down and redo all that area to "fill it up"

I hope they will!
Yep, I think a water was like $5.00!! The prices were way too high, for a minute I thought I was at a Spurs game.. And also there's no shade so if your on the lawn at Verizon your screwed if the event is in the day! Your getting a sun burn for sure!
If they can renovate Sunken it would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 06:08 PM

47 posts, read 155,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Sunken Garden is my fav venue for concerts, but it is what it is. You can change the seating some, but there is no way to make it bigger. This year's STRF got two stages in, but no really big tours will fit there.

I never liked the Verizon's location, sterile feel or high food/drink prices, but I will miss the great package tours and festivals, and the often dirt cheap tickets
The tickets were reasonable but the prices for food and drinks.. Forget it!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwes1 View Post
The tickets were reasonable but the prices for food and drinks.. Forget it!
That's something you will find at just about every major event venue.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 AM

80 posts, read 288,635 times
I'm pretty sure Verizon got bought out by River City Community Church. We visited there a few weeks ago and they did a whole sermon on it with pictures about how they were going to enclose it and such.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,282 times
It was bought by my church, River City Community Church, they are still under contract though. I believe it's contingent upon whether or not they sell the current property at Redland and Jonesmaltsberger.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM

322 posts, read 774,484 times
So the flea market turning into the Tree of Life Church and the Living Way mega church weren't enough for that I-35 corridor eh? :-)

Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 AM

351 posts, read 1,584,540 times
Hello,

I have to admit, been to some great shows at Verizon i.e. TOOL, OZZFEST, CRUEFEST, SANTANA, RUSH, etc.........................

BUT... for an amphitheater it sucked. The Starplex Amphitheater in Dallas knew how to treat ALL of their guests. The lawn area had large speakers and video screens that made the lawn memorable.

At Verizon it was possible to have a conversation in normal tone of voice AS OPPOSED TO WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING AT A ROCK CONCERT WHICH IS SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS :-0
LOL

After seeing Creed at Verizon on the lawn I vowed that I would never again sit on the lawn, and I never did, except when winning tickets somehow. Invariably the radio stations gave lawn seats. hard to complain if the tickets were free (oh wait, I forgot, $9.00 BEERS!!! ~ARE YOU NUTS~!!!!!!!!!!!)

Still, better than nothing.

ATT Center does not compare. Freemon is alright. Sunken Gardens is limited and old, it is what it is. (p.s. it was cool to finally go backstage at Sunken a couple of weekends ago for the South TX. Rock Fest and party with SAXON & Queensryche.)

No place was better than the Convention Center Arena for acoustics and an all around good time.

crazedchef

Old 12-13-2009, 08:04 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,043,826 times
Verizon is back out on the market.... RCCC isn't buying it.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,091,541 times
Let's all pitch in and buy it! We can make our money back selling beer

Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,191,649 times
I can see it now.....international beer drinking contests...who can drink the most beer and still walk...and charge them for the honor of doing it. It's a goldmine waiting to happen....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio