U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How many are interested in a meet & greet?
Yes 26 54.17%
No 3 6.25%
Unsure 3 6.25%
Maybe 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 PM

159 posts, read 421,710 times
All,
Update no.2 - Spoke with Lucas from the Saucer and he said that tomorrow will be one of their busiest days of the year because they're having their "featured 420 glass" night. He also said that $200 worth of food should be more than enough for 25 CDSA addicts. He'll email me the party platter, and I'll post it upon receipt. I need your assistance in choosing the food

Charge up those camera batteries and clear up those memory cards for tomorrow's first meet n' greet!

See you @ the saucer!!
-by Otherhalf07, Jules07's hubby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 01:45 PM

Here's recommendations from fellow CDSAs:

Nachos and chips and Queso - recommended by little_thirsty

Oh my hubby loves the nachos and I usually get the pretzel with bratwurst - by MichelleSG

Mango w/exotic sauce "Hot and Cheesy" - by EAP (Edgar Allan Pogi)

Attached is the party menu.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Special Events Parties Menu SA.pdf (65.7 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by HI2VegasNowSA; 04-17-2007 at 03:07 PM..

Old 04-17-2007, 02:23 PM

469 posts, read 1,690,684 times
We'll pitch in some for that extra you're paying Cliff! I have never met Lucas before but I have met one of the owners when he was in town. He sat with us outside and chatted, he was the coolest dude. Very hands on with the customers and the store, I can't imagine he'd expect anything less from his managers.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,560,845 times
Talking Woo hoo!!

Camera batteries are chargin', name tags being finished (after a horrendous trip to Wally World for supplies ), count down has begun!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

HI2VegasNowSA (er, Cliff ) - anything on the menu sounds great with us and I'd love to contribute to the exta $$ as well (I'll hand out a couple of my business cards so I can write it off on taxes! ).

"See ya @ the Saucer!"

Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 PM

Here's our menu for tomorrow. MichelleSG, if we need more, please advice.

Party platters
1 - Totilla Chips & Awesome Queso Tray
1 - Pretzel with queso & mustard dip tray
1 - Salad bar
1 - Sandwich tray assortment
1 - Wrap tray assortment
1 - Spicy hot wings

Email from Lucas, Saucer manager

As we talked about on the phone to reserve tables on Wednesday we would need to have $200 in pre ordered food that we would secure with a credit card that you provide. Attached you will find the Flying Saucer’s party menu which breaks down all of our party trays. I also just would like to point out that on Wednesday’s we do a brewery night at 7 p.m. and this Wednesday will be our 4:20 glass which feature’s Jim Morrison from the Doors. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!

Cheers!

Lucas
Manager

Flying Saucer – San Antonio

Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 AM

283 posts, read 1,359,328 times
Judgment Day.......

Old 04-18-2007, 04:25 PM

1,430 posts, read 2,539,173 times
Default Thirsties

We are SOOOOO Sorry we can't make it tonight. We are trying to buy a house and its all going down right now so we can't come. We really wanted to meet everybody. Hopefully there will be another one!
Little, Big, and Baby Thirsty

Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 PM

343 posts, read 1,011,685 times
Hello everyone!

It sounds like so much fun!

The Flying Saucer is just a couple of miles from where I grew up.
Graduated Clark '86.

Still in Baghdad so please, have a beer (or three) for me !

Ya'll have fun!

sincerely yours,

crazedchef
aka
Mark McLean.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 PM

69 posts, read 211,088 times
Talking Tell Tell Tell

So how was it???? Tell Us....

Old 04-18-2007, 08:21 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,560,845 times
Default tonight @ the Saucer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr7025 View Post
So how was it???? Tell Us....
mjr - it was sooooooooooo fun!!!!! Just got home, we all had a great time!!! Missed you all!! Those who came were; Paka (and hubby), HI2VegasNowSa (and wife and 2 adorable boys), MichelleSG, BrennanKG, m95roadster (and wife and brother), and us (me and my "otherhalf07"). We had way too much food! Could have used at least a dozen more people to eat! (My daughter and her friend tried to oblige, but alas, said friend was under 21, so they couldn't come in ) (Thanx again to CityData and Cliff for sportin' the funds!) Interesting....it was all folks who were "transplants" at some point (although Paka and hubby have been here a long time!) who came. Where were our locals/natives??????

Anyway, a great time was had by all and we plan to do something again sometime soon! My "otherhalf" and I were talking on the way home about how we enjoyed everyone so much. Some of the nicest, most enjoyable folks we've met in a long time. Can't wait to see everybody again!!! Thanks y'all for coming, it truly was my pleasure to meet you and spend time with you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio