U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many are interested in a meet & greet?
Yes 26 54.17%
No 3 6.25%
Unsure 3 6.25%
Maybe 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM

993 posts, read 2,188,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI2VegasNowSA View Post
Great to hear all the good things. We completed our military service, and will be returning to our home that we built in Stone Oak..
Are you going to have a house warming for all the city daters? Do you have a pool? Let's just do it at your house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM

3,367 posts, read 3,932,974 times
I have been waiting for a "meet and greet" at Viola's when it opens, as it was suggested in the 151/Seaworld etc. thread. Any news on this venue for a meet-up?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,275,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
You are too kind....this is what is should ALL REALLY be about...to help others out and be KIND and friendly....not to bash, consider MY area better than YOURS....MY lifestyle choices BETTER or just be ugly!!!!

I think, pray and HOPE that the SA Forum can again become one of the TOP forums on CDF because ya know, when it is all said and done, WE decided COLLECTIVELY to call this wonderful city HOME...and WE should be PROUD, and help others see the benefits of living here. You are not well matched to SA...no problem...feel free to find your "happy place"...but just because OUR happy place is not the same as yours....QUIT BASHING!!!!!!!!
Best post everrrrrrrr

Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 AM

52 posts, read 79,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Best post everrrrrrrr
good post ill agree but its a bit hard to be proud of the entire city when a good chunk of it is vagabonds, lowlifes and criminals.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:40 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I have been waiting for a "meet and greet" at Viola's when it opens, as it was suggested in the 151/Seaworld etc. thread. Any news on this venue for a meet-up?
Contact mom2feebs and see about joining our Facebook group. The thread got closed.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:24 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,304,915 times
So I guess the meet and greet on the southside ain't going to happen?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltwater heaven View Post
good post ill agree but its a bit hard to be proud of the entire city when a good chunk of it is vagabonds, lowlifes and criminals.
Be realistic, what do you consider a good chunk? I guess it also depends on your definition of lowlifes and vagabonds.

The population of those can't be that high a percentage.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,275,434 times
Quote:
Daaang bro hope u don't have to live here then

Old 03-22-2013, 07:42 PM

500 posts, read 796,897 times
I know this is OT, but I have to say that of the larger cities in this region, one of the things that really sets San Antonio apart from the rest is its people.

I was raised in D/FW, I have lived in Houston, Austin, and New Orleans. While I wouldn't say that people in those cities aren't friendly, San Antonio's population in general is more friendly than any of 'em. People here are more willing to help a stranger, welcome you into their neighborhood, or just plain treat you with respect as a fellow human being. At least that has been my lifelong experience.

This is why I chose San Antonio as the place to call home for more than 25 years.

Every city has their bad elements though, and I'm sure San Antonio is no different. But as my father used to tell me when I was young, "if you go out looking for trouble, you will certainly find it, or it will find you". San Antonio may lack some of the finer elements of a comparable city of its size, but it's not short on wonderful people. I think that it's quite a stretch to say that this city has a large number of undesirable neighbors.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 PM

360 posts, read 657,342 times
Quote:
good post ill agree but its a bit hard to be proud of the entire city when a good chunk of it is vagabonds
By definition a vagabond Is a person who wanders from place to place without a home. Why would you consider them residents and include them in your analysis and further include them in this chunk you speak of? Does. Not. Make. Much. Sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or