U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 04:25 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,373,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Did you buy the bags at IKEA?? I am FINALLY going to IKEA Friday YAAAY!!! I will look for some bags there.
Yeppers, you get them at the door to shop and put stuff in (if you don't want a cart...or the little stuff if you dont want it to fall out of your cart) and again at the checkout. Only like $1 each...and carry a LOT!

Don't forget to get a catalog while you are there...they are on the right hand side as you go out the door...that way you can dream and figure out what you want for the next trip! ALSO, do NOT miss out on their Loginberry jam...if you like berries at ALL buy a jar and I promise you will LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,373,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I am sportin' a big, new Trader Joe's red re-usable bag.
Humm....mine have the surfboards scene on them...guess you got the new and improved version!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:29 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,235,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
This is something some bigger city Whole Foods locations are doing: A big reason I don't frequent their establishment, along with the fact that they overcharge for what I consider very standard product.

It's all boosting their profit margin in the name of 'saving the earth.' Frankly, it's all just BS aimed at making people feel better about themselves for 'doing their part.' Much like recycling programs that have been debunked as pure eco-folly, this is just another way to guilt people into doing the 'right' thing.

... And by 'right thing' I mean lining the grocer's pockets with more money

BN
I'm with you on this one but it also goes into just another tax in the sake of being "green." The dem form Dallas wants the money to fund recycling programs then went on to say that he hopes no one pays for them? Well then what about your recycling programs?

IT is another money grab by the already expanding government.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,741,409 times
In our marketing circles, there's a new phrase: "Green is the new Black"

Old 03-06-2009, 01:27 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,472,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
if they're that concerned about the environment, why not take all the food that's packaged in bags, cans and jars and just slop it on the shelf. Then you can just go grab a handful of whatever you need. No carbon footprint at all.
lol!

Old 03-06-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladihawkae View Post
hmm. maybe we should all just invest in a shopping cart. one that is portable and folds up. then we can take it out of our trunks, wheel it in and get what we want. pay for it. wheel it back out. wheel it to our homes. that takes care of the problem of both the plastic and paper bags and the shopping carts rolling across the parking lots hitting cars because someone didn't take it to the cart well.
Sounds like a good idea. But lets face it, once they force people to buy a cart they will then force us to buy license to wheel it around.We never win.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:54 AM

I would so use a reusable bag . Its not even a problem at all for me. But I guess now thieves will have an easier time sneaking out stuff as well. Gone are the days when they had to shove stuff into their purse or under their shirt. If this catches on some things might change for the worse too. Like once security notices the problem, all the stores will implement a rule where the bags have to go through the x-ray machine like at the airport. Then theres going to be lines for that as well.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 AM

Good point! I'm interested to see how they'll deal with that...

Old 03-06-2009, 02:10 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
845 posts, read 1,383,204 times
I agree with you. I have even been thinking of that myself. Soon....or eventually there could be a theft problem. I oppose the thought of paying $.07 or any money for a plastic bag. I already use my own canvas book bags when I go to the grocery store. The canvas bags are all folded into one. I often wonder when I am at the store if maybe there is someone in the store already sneaking stuff into them. Just a cautious thought.......................... WHO KNOWS!! THE XRAY MACHINES WOULD!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:12 AM

Well I suppose some theft can be avoided if the cashier asks to empty the bags, or is attentive and somehow tries to look. Guess we'll be seeing more RFID labeled merchandise in the future...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio