Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

TOTALLY agree SATX56...but it WAS her 32nd birthday and she specified where she wanted to go for lunch...so we did it. No regrets, as long as SHE was happy with it, it was money well spent...but WE won't go back on our own. Having said that, the place is drop dead gorgious, but food was not all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 09:24 AM

616 posts, read 2,082,908 times
Paka, we went to Maggiano's after a movie last week and felt the exact same way. The space is extremely attractive, but the food was meh (except for the arugula that came on the side of my dish - I love arugula). We came to the conclusion that if we were out at the Rim again to see a movie, we'd maybe just stop in for a drink at the (equally attractive) bar rather than having a meal.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 AM

399 posts, read 1,139,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
DH and I both felt the food at the Olive Garden was better personally.
OMG! Are you kidding me? Maggiano's > Olive Garden. I guess it's an opinion, but I can't imagine the Olive Garden being better than just about any other Italian place. Did you order family style? Or just off the menu?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:43 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
Last year we took our son there on his 10th birthday- for a family of five (five meals+those light up kids mugs for each kid) plus a beer for dh and margarita for me-and followed by one of those big volcano brownies (which served all of us) and including a good tip- we spent 106.00--just to give you an idea of what to expect money wise...but we really enjoyed it.
That is about what it ran us the last time we went there (3 adults, three children). It is a fun place and the food is pretty decent. I had the coconut chicken and was pretty happy with it. The first time we went, my 3 year old (at the time) freaked out about the lightening and so we didn't enjoy our meal as much as we could have.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:50 PM

604 posts, read 1,871,077 times
the food is too expensive for not that great. with all honesty, i would never go there again.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:14 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
TOTALLY agree SATX56...but it WAS her 32nd birthday and she specified where she wanted to go for lunch...so we did it. No regrets, as long as SHE was happy with it, it was money well spent...but WE won't go back on our own. Having said that, the place is drop dead gorgeous, but food was not all that.
I wasn't pickin' at you Paka. For special occasions anything goes!! Especially for the kids!! I would like to see this place myself. It's my kids I feel sorry for !! Everyone splurges here and there. I just think the more people that give in to ridiculous prices the worse it is on everyone. But, I've been guilty myself! Like the Magic Time Machine , I know what you're paying for and have no problem. I suppose La Luizziane (sp) lives on through some of these establishments!! Must be like the Tiki House at Disneyland. Anyhow, I shouldn't post that late. ((((((((Hugs)))))))

Old 03-15-2009, 02:28 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
I wasn't pickin' at you Paka. For special occasions anything goes!! Especially for the kids!! I would like to see this place myself. It's my kids I feel sorry for !! Everyone splurges here and there. I just think the more people that give in to ridiculous prices the worse it is on everyone. But, I've been guilty myself! Like the Magic Time Machine , I know what you're paying for and have no problem. I suppose La Luizziane (sp) lives on through some of these establishments!! Must be like the Tiki House at Disneyland. Anyhow, I shouldn't post that late. ((((((((Hugs)))))))
Oh, I didn't take offense...just letting you know that it was her choice is all.
Hummm....Magic Time Machine....can't even remember the last time we were there is was so many years ago...is the food still good there???

Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Oh, I didn't take offense...just letting you know that it was her choice is all.
Hummm....Magic Time Machine....can't even remember the last time we were there is was so many years ago...is the food still good there???
I didn't think so.....and yep I understand. Magic Time Machine and Barn Door it's been ages!! Used to work for people in Crown Towers so did wife and MIL at one time . Then Frost Towers at Naco. and 410!! Frequented the area much more back then. Did I hear Scrivener's is gone?? Past 20 years has been a blur!! I like Road House. I'm no connoisseur but pretty good for my money. Crowded and noisy like Rosario's though!! Who am I kidding I can't eat enough now days to do a good sampling!! Have a great day Paka!!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,518 times
Does anyone know where to get the Rainforest Cafe Mascot Character Mugs to buy? Ozzie the orangutan, Maya the jaguar, Nile the crocodile, Bamba the gorilla and Tuki the elephant?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:43 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,091,862 times
All the RFC have gift shops, you might also see if they have a website shop.

We sometimes have family occasions at RFC, I like it. It's not fine dining, but I've always had good meals. I like the calamari. I would compare it to Applebees or Chilis, and about twice as expensive (of course you are paying for the decor). Some of the combo plates are a fair value.

Reservations are a must, there is always a wait. One tip, if you just want a quick bite or drinks, the bar and the few tables right around it are first come seating, if you "stake out" the area you can usually grab one within 5-10 minutes. We did this before the last Majestic show we attended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio