U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 08:44 AM

343 posts, read 1,175,112 times

Advertisements

I saw several political signs this morning as I drove to work that were tagged.

I wonder if this will motivate someone to act and be more aggressive in taking care of this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 09:48 AM

2,397 posts, read 5,846,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
I saw several political signs this morning as I drove to work that were tagged.

I wonder if this will motivate someone to act and be more aggressive in taking care of this problem.
Which problem? The graffiti or the political signs? *lol*

Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 PM

4 posts, read 27,450 times
My son is a police officer in a small sub and he says that these punks want their graffitti to be seen and if you take the time to keep painting it a few times they will move on. If they catch a couple of these wannabes and put their faces on T.V. so all can see maybe they will stop. If I had a fence that was getting tagged I would hire a off duty officer for a few nights and try to catch one or two of them. They are taking over our neighborhood and a lot of For Sale signs are going up. I hate this!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:27 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
They should have a cop or two perusing random myspace pages. I've seen profiles with messages talking about their tagging escapades. And it's exactly who you think--high school-aged wannabe gangstas. It would almost be funny if they weren't so destructive. Too bad their dads aren't there to teach them that a real man doesn't destroy other people's property.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 PM

422 posts, read 1,330,457 times
Tagging is for the weak! Always done in the cover of night.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:02 PM

6 posts, read 16,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbhrnandez View Post
graffiti is a self expression and we shouldnt be punished for doing the city good i mean the kids shouldnt their master peices is one of the big reasons everyone comes to this town to appreciate it.and your guys threats amuse those artists they dont care they cant stop its like smoking weed or ciargettes no matter what you never stop. for example its just like bustin a nut you guys get me? im sorry if they tag your house or fence. if you want to stop illegal graffiti make legal graffiti walls
What is going on with the schools down there?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,846,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patbrown365 View Post
What is going on with the schools down there?
What do you mean? This thread has nothing to do with schools. Maybe you're commenting on that poster's spelling/grammar.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 PM

378 posts, read 1,300,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Tagging is for the weak! Always done in the cover of night.
Yeah but no matter what you do they will keep coming. I hate tagging for giving graffiti/graffiti artist a bad name.
It is truly impossible to get rid of graffiti cause not only is it art it's a ways of communication, and to some a sort of culture that is global and spreading from the ghettos to the suburbs. Graffiti is like a bee it can multiply fast and come from nowhere, it can produce pretty flowers and produce ugly stings.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,478,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Something tells me they might already have these tatoos!

I saw the story last night too and it is sickening. It's like animals that mark their territory. I think the camera's will help, but not at taxpayers expense. Maybe these perps should pay for a new camera for each offense.

On a side note....serious graffiti has not been a huge problem in SA until recent years...at least not like other big cities. I'm curious to how other large metropolitan areas have handled this problem? Are there any new neighbors here from big cities that have seen any solutions that have worked?
To tell you the truth, I've seen less graffiti in Chicago than here; far less in the 'Burbs where it's practically non-existent athough so is huge piles of brush/rubbish on the front lawn and front yards turned into driveways, lol. 'Welcome to S. Texas I guess'. I like the OP am fed up... it's despicable. Every week in our subdivision, a painter has to come out and paint over the side of our phone box at the entrance as well as the brick entrance fascia.

I haven't read through this big thread so pardon if this has already been answered but... it seems the city of S.A. doesn't take this sort of thing serious enough. What is the fine/charges for people committing these acts of vandalism?? Should be 1k; paid by the offender or parents for 1st time offenders with the 2nd time being jail time and double fine, GARNISHED, imo.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 PM

378 posts, read 1,300,351 times
I think when people paint over the graffiti that is just plain stupid. I mean for one you just paid money and waste time painting over whats just gonna appear there the next week.
The second reason I think it's stupid is cause it actually makes it look even worst then before. Painting over the tagging is just going to be a waste of time and money. Last but not least If you do paint over the taggings at least paint with the original colors of the building so it doesn't look like a white block of paint messing up the original paint job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio