U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 01:45 AM

504 posts, read 1,303,315 times

Advertisements

hey, i know those guys. Paint By Numbers is a local rap group made up of Cros, Era, and Tech-Neek.

if you get a chance check out my buddy victors website
welcome to supher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM

472 posts, read 1,601,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
hey, i know those guys. Paint By Numbers is a local rap group made up of Cros, Era, and Tech-Neek.

if you get a chance check out my buddy victors website
welcome to supher

Just wondering if you know anything about Clogged Caps, you know if there will ever be another one.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:15 AM

i tried to get everyone at the table for clogged caps at elmendorf park dam. the councilwoman i worked for tried to snub their art and i pulled it from negotiation before she screwed up the essence of the festival. the city was going to provide permission only, the sponsors were spoken for and the money was all in house through steve from prhymemates. the city did not agree, wanted their own mural designs, and wanted a piece of the pie so to speak....screw them and we pulled it.

supher did want to have a show with councilwoman mcneil again, but i warned him about her railroad effort and she was basically going to set them up to knock them down again. it didnt work out.

we shopped the idea with delicia from #6, but she too was kind of offended that supher still did illegal throwups from time to time and kinda gave him the cold shoulder. for now its on the burner, but crazier things have come together in shorter amounts of time.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
i tried to get everyone at the table for clogged caps at elmendorf park dam. the councilwoman i worked for tried to snub their art and i pulled it from negotiation before she screwed up the essence of the festival. the city was going to provide permission only, the sponsors were spoken for and the money was all in house through steve from prhymemates. the city did not agree, wanted their own mural designs, and wanted a piece of the pie so to speak....screw them and we pulled it.

supher did want to have a show with councilwoman mcneil again, but i warned him about her railroad effort and she was basically going to set them up to knock them down again. it didnt work out.

we shopped the idea with delicia from #6, but she too was kind of offended that supher still did illegal throwups from time to time and kinda gave him the cold shoulder. for now its on the burner, but crazier things have come together in shorter amounts of time.

I wish things had worked out on Nolan street. That was such a perfect place to have it at. Its funny how other cities welcome these types of events and promote them postively as they should be, I mean it is an art festival. From what you say none of these people who represent us think of it that way or if they do they only want what they would consider "art".

Its funny how the city celebrates Fiesta Week which basically promotes getting drunk but it does not appricate art.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:18 AM

another two years of college and i will make a run for office...maybe then i can bring in the large money for these events.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
another two years of college and i will make a run for office...maybe then i can bring in the large money for these events.

Well if that is the case you can get all the (graffiti) writers to do some guerilla campaigning for you.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 AM

that would be in the works my friend. its a far off dream, but i have considered it and so have about 20 of my usual volunteers. i already have a network of people from different associations in our district. i have workshops every few months to empower their projects and rely less and less on te city reps to do their work for them.

in turn i have found out people from all across our district have either been lied to for decades, been held to what they know because they were forced to, or they were never taught much because our reps did not think they had the capacity to learn the system themselves.

the bad news is my old boss heard the rumors before i did that they though i would be a good rep for the district. i had to turn down their request for 2009, but we will see what the future holds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio