U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,735,719 times

Advertisements

IF the weather forecasts are accurate, it'll be a little wet and cold for running around in the backyard, especially playing in the sprinkler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 AM

11,933 posts, read 12,802,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Just curious...but, why does everyone feel the need to GO somewhere or DO anything? My kiddos are going to make use of the backyard, playing in the sprinklers, running around, playing games...giving them a taste of ol' school fun.
Because spring break is not just for the kiddos, it's our time too! We need to get away, take a break from reality, let our hair down ( for those of us that have hair! jk). This will be the first time in years we have not gone camping and I am starting to regret it.

When my kiddo was small we did exactly what your doing, I understand what your saying. Both are good in their own way.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,735,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Because spring break is not just for the kiddos, it's our time too! We need to get away, take a break from reality, let our hair down ( for those of us that have hair! jk). This will be the first time in years we have not gone camping and I am starting to regret it.

When my kiddo was small we did exactly what your doing, I understand what your saying. Both are good in their own way.
Soooooooo true!!!! I was looking forward to getting away even more than my kids were!!! We even thought about "camping" in one of the "Camping Cottages", but that was out of our budget for this week. Oh well.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM

452 posts, read 905,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
IF the weather forecasts are accurate, it'll be a little wet and cold for running around in the backyard, especially playing in the sprinkler.
Then, on to plan B...indoor activities!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 AM

10,864 posts, read 11,910,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
My 23 month old loves that playground!
Off topic but how long do people use the whole "months" thing with kids? 23 months? How about "my 2 year old"?

Carry on.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:50 PM

674 posts, read 1,617,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
Just curious...but, why does everyone feel the need to GO somewhere or DO anything? My kiddos are going to make use of the backyard, playing in the sprinklers, running around, playing games...giving them a taste of ol' school fun.
We're not going anywhere far. Yesterday we went to the park. We just moved here and we don't see kids out a lot, but if we go to a park, they can play with other kids. My kids are great pals, but they get sick of just each other, and then I get sick of listening to the bickering.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:23 PM

116 posts, read 315,763 times
Took the kids bowling today and it wasn't crowded at all. At Bandera bowl they tend to keep leagues on one side and "just for fun" on the other so it works out LOL. Will do the park thing a couple times (as long as there is no rain). Pondered the McKenna's Children Museum in New Braunfels, but may just save it for another time. My son would much rather chill out at home at this point LOL.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:50 AM

667 posts, read 1,404,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Off topic but how long do people use the whole "months" thing with kids? 23 months? How about "my 2 year old"?

Carry on.
You stop at 2 years. There's a mental bridge I haven't crossed yet so I am holding on to the 23 month age group, thankyouverymuch!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:23 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,292,159 times
We say my 2 year old is 2 1/2. (even though she is actually 32 months old) Can't remember when we stopped but I think because we have three little kids, we don't have time to stop and count months.

Since it is wet and cold out today, we will be doing indoor activities today. Right now, that would involved fighting and getting into trouble. (except for my 6 year old, she has been my awesome helper this week)

I really don't have the energy to take them anywhere today since my little one has been out of control lately and that would be asking for trouble. Maybe later in the week, I will take them to the Witte. We went to the park on Monday but there were a ton of kids and all mine wanted to do was sit on top of me and eat snacks. (we can do that at home! lol)

I think a movie is out of the question since the theaters are probably going to be packed the rest of the week.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM

604 posts, read 1,369,207 times
Well it has been like 10 years since we have had rain (ok well not that long) but yesterday I took the kids to pick out a plant and we worked together in the garden- then each planted their own plant-added the soil- all that good stuff--and now it rains!!!! washing away most of our good soil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio