U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,691 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knew of a great idea for a school teacher that did not necessarily want to return to the classroom. I am thinking of teaching jobs that might be off the beaten path or hard to find in this area. san antonio, hill country, etc. just wanting to generate some ideas about where to look
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:48 AM

41 posts, read 78,429 times
Google Pearson. They are always looking for teachers to write/edit content for testing materials.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,437,036 times
Also, all of the tutoring places (Huntington, Sylvan, etc.) are always looking for qualified tutors.

You might also check with some of the homeschooling organizations, like FEAST. They often use teachers collaboratively for lessons best done in groups, or outside their scope of knowledge.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,691 times
Thank you! Does anyone know of any other organizations with homeschooling coops? Also, I know that sometimes kids are school through their gym if they are really involved in a gymnastics program. Sometimes it is called TOPPS. Does anyone know anything about this? I was also wondering if anyone had any info on educational programs at seaworld, the childrens museum, etc.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,378,717 times
You could also consider the "visiting teacher" program for kids with medical conditions that do not allow them to attend classroom studies. That would mean that you go and teach the kid where they are (home, hospital, etc) vs classroom.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:42 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,978,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownSA View Post
Google Pearson. They are always looking for teachers to write/edit content for testing materials.
i was going to suggest pearson as well --- they are located on the NE side of town...off evans rd, i believe, or in that area for sure...

i checked their site about 2 weeks ago and they were hirings for both onsite and offsite (work at home) ...

Old 06-25-2010, 07:17 AM

40 posts, read 190,039 times
Default teaching alternativesI

Hey kinderteacher .... your post was some time ago so I'm not sure this is still pertains ... I taught for 15 years and am looking for "Other employment". I am limited to a small town community (30,000) and will be lucky to find a job making 10$ an hour. I am going to go back to school and get an L.V.N. ... the salary isn't what teaching is but you don't have the stress involved either. With nursing you can branch out to all sorts of different areas and work in various places (nursing home, hospital, camps, school, dr. offices). I have to stay in my community and this seems like the best alternative. It blows my mind with a degree, I can't make over 10 an hour. A teaching degree just doesn't transfer ... maybe it would in a city like San Antonio.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:20 AM

2,216 posts, read 3,994,256 times
Paka is right. the homebound program is always in need of teachers for students with special needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or