U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:18 PM

17 posts, read 30,519 times

Advertisements

if you are planning on going to the dog park for the first time, i would suggest you don't take a very small breed! i took my little Chihuahua yesterday (march 09, 2009) and he past away that same night from an incident that happened at the dog park that day. I took 2 Chihuahuas and one pit/boxer! My Chihuahua Dash was one year and maybe about 4 pounds. we were there for an hour and everything was fine, all the dogs played and everyone got comfortable. Then all of a sudden 2 large dog came running full speed toward dash and scared him really bad causing him to run away quickly but cry at the same time. That cry set off a lot of dogs at the dog park ( around 10 dogs) and they began to attack him like if he was a rat or a cat! they bit him several times. i would say he had about 6 wounds. by the time i could even get the money to send him to the vet he had already past. his wounds didn't seem that bad but he had a swollen soft spot near his chest and stomach i think he was internally bleeding .. it was a very bad experience going to the dog park for my fist time. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO GO WITH A SMALL DOG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,715,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsalinas66 View Post
if you are planning on going to the dog park for the first time, i would suggest you don't take a very small breed! i took my little Chihuahua yesterday (march 09, 2009) and he past away that same night from an incident that happened at the dog park that day. I took 2 Chihuahuas and one pit/boxer! My Chihuahua Dash was one year and maybe about 4 pounds. we were there for an hour and everything was fine, all the dogs played and everyone got comfortable. Then all of a sudden 2 large dog came running full speed toward dash and scared him really bad causing him to run away quickly but cry at the same time. That cry set off a lot of dogs at the dog park ( around 10 dogs) and they began to attack him like if he was a rat or a cat! they bit him several times. i would say he had about 6 wounds. by the time i could even get the money to send him to the vet he had already past. his wounds didn't seem that bad but he had a swollen soft spot near his chest and stomach i think he was internally bleeding .. it was a very bad experience going to the dog park for my fist time. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO GO WITH A SMALL DOG!
Wow...that is just terrible! I'm sorry.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 PM

199 posts, read 598,335 times
Don't you mean "passed away". Also if any other dogs attacked my dogs I would line them up and torture those bastards and hang their owners by a tree.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:16 PM

6,192 posts, read 8,661,092 times
Wow so sorry to hear that! Was this at McAlister Park or the the other one on the southside?

Old 03-10-2009, 02:32 PM

571 posts, read 1,717,577 times
wow.. that is so terrible.. what did the other dogs owners do??

Old 03-10-2009, 02:44 PM

317 posts, read 1,610,520 times
I am so sorry to hear about your dog passing. Thanks for the warning.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM

10,866 posts, read 11,939,428 times
Sorry to hear. Did any of the other dogs owners say anything? Is there a leash requirement?

Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 PM

759 posts, read 3,391,531 times
I am SO sorry for your loss... that is so tragic. We have been several times and have never had a problem. (however, I do have a big dog.)

Ft. Worth has a great dog park that has a fenced, smaller section (but still a good size) for dogs under 30 lbs. That's a good idea, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Is there a leash requirement?
It's an off-leash dog park. The dogs are fenced in and can run & play. My dog adores it; it's his "happy" place.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Wow so sorry to hear that! Was this at McAlister Park or the the other one on the southside?
it was the McAlister man worse choice i ever mad, never going again, just cant

Old 03-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasksgirl View Post
wow.. That is so terrible.. What did the other dogs owners do??
omg u dont even want to know!
That were just there all scared watching! They didnt snap and get there dogs as fast as they can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or