U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM

985 posts, read 1,016,364 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of hysteria out there. There are no legal ammo restrictions on the horizon that will actually be passed. Don't listen to gun store clerks or internet jibber-jabber. Check reputable sites for info or go to Wal-Mart for tinfoil for your bonnet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 06:20 AM

8,343 posts, read 13,112,960 times
Wow, this rumor turned out to be a bunch of bull, didn't it? Not only are they still selling guns at Academy, but they have a large stockpile to choose from and they actually have ammo at decent prices to boot!

Sportsmans Warehouse did close both of its locations, but that had nothing to do with gun sales! It's still a shame, as it was a great store, but we still had Academy, Bass Pro Shop, and Cabela's an hour or so to the north; as well as several gun stores right here in town!

Cheers! M2

Old 09-04-2009, 08:08 AM

4,263 posts, read 7,048,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Wow, this rumor turned out to be a bunch of bull, didn't it? Not only are they still selling guns at Academy, but they have a large stockpile to choose from and they actually have ammo at decent prices to boot!

Sportsmans Warehouse did close both of its locations, but that had nothing to do with gun sales! It's still a shame, as it was a great store, but we still had Academy, Bass Pro Shop, and Cabela's an hour or so to the north; as well as several gun stores right here in town!

Cheers! M2
..and a "Lock-n-Load" store about to open on Potranco.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $84,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,577 posts, read 21,270,444 times
Quote:
Not only are they still selling guns at Academy, but they have a large stockpile to choose from and they actually have ammo at decent prices to boot!
I was there this week and the guy ahead of me in the checkout line was buying a whole case of shotgun shells. Definitely no shortage of ammo at Academy.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I was there this week and the guy ahead of me in the checkout line was buying a whole case of shotgun shells. Definitely no shortage of ammo at Academy.
They had pallets of shotgun shells on the floor at Cabela's on Sunday, and lots of other ammo (although their prices still seemed to be a tad high). It is the only place I can find .455 Webley on the shelves. That store is like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory for me...

Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 AM

3,105 posts, read 6,195,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Yay! Dove season. I need to go and buy a case also.
No doves here for some reason but skeet shooting can be just as fun and very good stress relief.

Clays have doubled in price in the last couple of years.
I just bought a Remington 1100 and I have to shoot brass only (no cheap aluminum) shells. Those suckers are expensive, especially when it's just for fun.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM

1,087 posts, read 2,005,796 times
I really do not feel bad for those that use guns for sport, if you want to call it that. Sport to me is if the animals had guns and could shoot back too. Would actually make for an interesting video game...lol

Old 09-04-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
I really do not feel bad for those that use guns for sport, if you want to call it that. Sport to me is if the animals had guns and could shoot back too. Would actually make for an interesting video game...lol
Hunting is not the only sport that involves firearms, and not everyone who shoots hunts.

I for one have not hunted as a sport; Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 09-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: National politics is off topic in local forums.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
..and a "Lock-n-Load" store about to open on Potranco.
Eh? Talk to me...

Old 09-04-2009, 11:41 AM

4,263 posts, read 7,048,837 times
Quote:
Eh? Talk to me...
It's on Potranco between 1604 and Grosenbacher. One of those fireworks stands is being turned into a guns/ammo store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio