Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,590 times

Advertisements

I recall that there were some restrictions on putting up shed in your yard that were not of the some contructions as the main dwelling. I have noticed more and more aluminum tool sheds going up in our neighborhood. The neigbor behind me has in infestation of rats that live under his aluminum shed and at night, you can see them scampering up the trees and running along the fence rails. I guess the homeowner association doesn't check these violations anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 06:49 AM

251 posts, read 1,066,245 times
Time to make a few phone calls?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,420 times
Default Good question

I havent heard of San Antonio regulation for it. I know that if they are aesthetically unappealing or cause unhealthy living situations (such as rats lol) then you can definitely petition for them to be removed. But as long as they are up to building regulations there isnt any prohibitive reason they cannot be located on someones property.

------------
LaMarcus
www.texasportablestorage.com

Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAKSMAN View Post
I recall that there were some restrictions on putting up shed in your yard that were not of the some contructions as the main dwelling. I have noticed more and more aluminum tool sheds going up in our neighborhood. The neigbor behind me has in infestation of rats that live under his aluminum shed and at night, you can see them scampering up the trees and running along the fence rails. I guess the homeowner association doesn't check these violations anymore.
Good Evening,

You will have to contact your HOA about the types of Storage Sheds that are accepted. If your neighbors are putting them up maybe they are allowed. I have seen where they are not maintained and the begin to rust. I guess those would have to be constructed of steel to rust. Here in The Villages of Westcreek we cannot have the Plastic or Aluminum Sheds. They are to be painted the same color as your home or as close as you can get it.

Concerniing the Rats. If you live in the City of San Antonio please call 311 and report those devils. If you are like us and live in Bexar County call 335-6700 and ask to speak with Andy Winter.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:23 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
The OP's post is from March 2007 !! I'm willing to bet the situation has been taken care of by now!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:07 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
The OP's post is from March 2007 !! I'm willing to bet the situation has been taken care of by now!!!

Well darn it. I guess that's what I get for not paying attention to the dates.

I just hope the rats are gone and the storage sheds are not rust buckets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio