Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,323 times

Advertisements

It really is insane. This community had to have been developed by an "out of towner" because the average San Antonian's salary is about 42k, less than the average Texas salary that is 48k and most of us here know this. We are a humble primarily blue-collar town, they should have done more research then just throw something out hoping snob appeal would bring people in. I could afford a one bedroom, but why when I can live a great 840+ sqft apartment in the Oakwell Farms community located in Terrell Hills for only $650! They have to step up, wait... down. in order to really compete. Especially since they can't even lease out all of the stores down there. Plus, Stonewerks is leaving their location across the street and moving to Broadway and Basse where the Oyster Place was.

The same goes for just about every single new condo out there. Starting in the 400s???? Give me a break "The Broadway", "Vidorra Condos" and "Altezza". It just all goes back to social status. Not something the majority of us middle-class folks are concerned about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
Well, all the comments are interesting. I actually live in a beautiful unit with 2 bedrooms/2 baths. The layout of the unit is wonderful and the windows are large. The whole end of the living room is glass with a great view of the city. The bathrooms are large and we each have a large walk-in closet. We lived in a gorgeous 4,200 sq. ft home before downsizing. We took a longer lease and are now coming soon to the end of that lease. We have been very happy here but as every place it has it's disadvantages. Here are a few.
1. Iron Works has a LOUD band that plays every Thursday through Saturday. Have had to call 911 on many nights. Good News: They are moving to the other end of Basse.
2. Hoffbrau also has an outside band - that is loud and terrible.
3. Golf Course: Has strted having a band outside on wekends too.
4. Even with ear plugs they play very late and all at the same time!!! Insane!!
5. Dogs are allowed, but by the time the owners get home they can't make it outside from the upper floors and they ride the elevators down and go in the elevators or in the hallway. Are the owners good about being responsible and picking up their pets remains???? Of course not!!
6. Packages come to the office - do they call you as they say? No, only when they can remember. Lost some lovely chocolates that way and some Omaha Steaks.
7. Only one Courtesy Officer patrolling at a time and only up to 2 am last I checked.
8. No service elevators for moving in and out - therefore the elevators are always tied up with people coming and going.
9. The security gate to the floors stays open too long and anyone who wants can drive up if following you.
10.You pay a very "high price" if you need to leave early. Check this out if you want to cry.
Still, the staff are nice, the units, grounds, and enjoy being convenient to everything. Just can't take
the bands.
Hope this help someone out. We didn't find the units here were any more expensive than anything else in this area that is comparable.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:40 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
Wow...for that much, they should provide maid service!

Old 08-27-2011, 01:34 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
I still think it's a case of the Emperor's new clothing. For $5k a month, I want a better appliance package, real wood flooring, package/laundry delivery and a 24-hour door person/security. What they're charging and what you're getting are two very separate things.

BN

Old 08-27-2011, 08:41 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
$5K a month??? Does someone wipe your butt and bring you a beer?
LOL!

my mother in law just closed on a new house and shes barely paying 1200 a month in rent and lives in a pretty damn nice neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio