U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM

14 posts, read 21,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Yea, I wish people drove faster here a lot of times. Especially on certain sides of town where the people move like snails on the dang frwy or don't know how to speed up on an entrance ramp and not slow down! By the way, do the cops in Houston radar like they do here on 410 and other parts of town at times? I bet you they don't.
Houston cops are just as sneaky. They do have the unmarked cruisers that travel on loop 610. Houston is like Bizarro San Antonio..you know, superman had his alter ego from some kind of parallel universe Bizarro superman?...houston and SA are the same way!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 PM

3,542 posts, read 5,644,477 times
SA has nothing on North Texas drivers. I thought I was gonna die on the roads up there with how many times you get cut off without any indicators.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 PM

6,868 posts, read 12,989,939 times
So far, I love almost everything...especially how hilly everything is!

My biggest beef? All the Cowboys fans...aren' t there any Texans fans here?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 PM

4,263 posts, read 7,125,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
So far, I love almost everything...especially how hilly everything is!

My biggest beef? All the Cowboys fans...aren' t there any Texans fans here?
Not very many. I hate the Cowboys too!!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 PM

417 posts, read 553,116 times
I dislike

"• Drivers who sit in the left lane all the time and won’t move over for faster traffic (it is against the law, y’know!)
• People who have to drive in “clumps” (groups of cars all going at the same speed that you cannot get around) again not letting anyone get by (also against the law).
• People who pull out in front of you despite looking directly at you
• People who can’t yield properly (yes, that means stopping if necessary)
• People who can’t signal lane changes
• People who make those suicide moves when they almost miss their exit and they are in the far left lane (see above)
• People who tailgate. Despite that huge exhaust on your 4-banger car, you are not a good driver. Heck, I hardly believe you can walk and chew gum at the same time, much less react and avoid an accident when following that close.
• People who are so important that they have to talk on their phones while they drive (hey, cell phones are no longer a status symbol. My 10-yr-old has one!)
• People who play with their Blackberry, eat, put on make-up and basically do everything else but drive
• People who flip you off when you honk at them, even though they are the ones who did something stupid. At least be adult enough to admit you made a mistake!
• People who believe that the deafening bass that is vibrating their crummy car to pieces is “music.” Oh, and despite what you may think, most people over the age of 14 aren’t impressed!"

Worth repeating!! Max took the words right outta my brain.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 AM

10,460 posts, read 10,216,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksa09 View Post
A lot more friendly driving and being courteous. I attribute to the influx of out of towners. Yes, alot of the plates on the vehicles I see doing their "Moron moves" are out of state plates and yes too, Texas plates.
I see a lot of complaints about drivers and graffiti
well, I complain every single day since I have to drive from Schertz to the airport.

but I disagree with you when you say that you think that's caused by out of towners.
People are gonna do what they are allowed to do: speed, drive 20 under the speed limit on the left lane of the highway, change lanes without using their blinkers, graffiti every wall in the city, flick cigarettes out of their cars as they are driving, etc, etc, etc, etc.

You think people would do that if they knew that there was a 50/50 chance that they would get a $100-$1000 fine?
I blame it on the police and highway departments.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 AM

10,460 posts, read 10,216,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiccaTX View Post
I dislike
you must be doing the same commute than I do because that is almost exactly my list of complaints.

I've noticed what you said about people driving in blocks.
sometimes I move from the center lane to the right lane to let people pass on the center lane.
Some people do the opposite, they make a wall of cars that won't let anybody pass for miles.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:29 PM

417 posts, read 553,116 times
Yes, Dopo...we probably pass each other and don't know it...you know..I'm thinking a "little" bit of courtesy would go along way....I'm the one that's late because I don't tailgate the car in front of me and everyone and his cousin...that's been passing everyone to get somewhere first is pulling in front of me to merge into the next lane

Its kind of goofy how they have the exit ramps right after the entrance ramps on the highway and no one coming on..yeilds to the highway traffic..but I will say a thank you to those...that pull over to the next lane to let those on-comers in....

Oh well

Oh ..yes..I am thankful...San Antonio rush hour traffic is not yet as bad as Houston ...

Old 10-24-2009, 09:00 PM

14 posts, read 21,004 times
Hate cowboys fans? It was a prerequisite in our household to be a cowboys fan!

GOSPURSGO!
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:01 PM

2,313 posts, read 1,871,880 times
Favorite things: Latinas and the food

Worst things: Everything else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio