U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM

25,171 posts, read 31,134,592 times
To the OP stay in Spain. The Tex-Mex culture of San Antonio is going to have Spanglish and Tejano. It's their culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-17-2010, 08:39 PM

4 posts, read 2,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydee View Post
-Hate the humidity
-Hate the people that call this a multi-cultural town when there is just one culture, "fake mexican" or "tex-mex"
-Hate all the Super Fat(lazy) People here
-Hate the "it's owed to me" attitude that a lot of people have here
-Hate the wreckless drivers, my commute evolves dodging all the truck/SUV drivers that think they are in the a NASCAR race
-Hate all the TRUCKS/SUVS in this town, come on people, I usually see on or two people in them. Don't you realize you are killing the earth
-Hate spurs fans, you claim to love your team, but "boo" them when they lose?!?
-Hate the smokers here, "psssst instead of flicking ur live smokes out of of ur truck why not just put in a waterbottle that is filled a third with water"
-Hate that there is a 5000+ Mexician restaurants but only 3 vegetarian diners
-hate how most of the architecture looks like that stupid alamo
-Hate that most buildings downtown are dilapidated
-Hate how all the old neighborhoods and houses look like crap but have nice shiny cars in the drive ways and flatscreen that can be seen through dirty windows
-Hate how this is a major tourist town with a championship basketball team yet the roads are in a great need of repair(where is all that revenue going?)
-Hate how it takes 2 months to put up an HEB plus but the 410/281 interchange is on its 3rd? 4th? year of construction
-Hate how people say they have city pride but will not bend over to pick up trash
-Hate all the graffiti, I love graffiti art so why not paint something that makes a statement and not a bunch of crazy looking initials
-Hate how racist this town is!!!!!
-Hate how the peoples first impulse is anger when a change in thought process is presented to them
-Hate how people want a fooball team but failed to fill all the sets when the saints played here
-Hate that san antonio turned down having a pro soccer team(EPIC FAIL)
-Hate how the homeless are treated here
-Hate how the people here clain to be christian but will waste no time breaking all the christian laws
-Hate how this town doesnt have available recycle points or recycle trash cans(I dont mean just one for paper; there should be some for plastic/metal/glass as well)
-Hate all the development is in the north
-Hate how people say his town is divided into North/South/East/West
-Hate all the litter I seen thrown out of moving Trucks/SUVs
-Hate that people can't see past San Antonio's city limits
-Hate how people put their kids on the highest of pedestals
-Hate how people here honk their horns right as the light turns green? o.O
-Hate how people here disrespect joggers
-Hate how people here disrespect pedestrians
-Hate how people here disrespect bicyclist
-Hate how people here disrespect motorcyclist
-Hate how all the good concerts are in DFW/Houstin/Austin
-Hate how all the good big museum exhibits are in DFW/Houstin/Austin
-Hate people say this is the best town yet have never lived(or traveled) anywhere else
-Hate how it takes 4 days for a letter to reach dallas when its mailed here yet will take 1 day when mailed from there
-Hate how this town voted against having more police officers

I can not wait to move out of here

You MUST be from California. Please leave.

Unread 06-17-2010, 08:42 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,873,544 times
Well, it seems that 7/8ths of that post is written by someone who has not been here long enough to understand.

Unread 06-17-2010, 09:22 PM

2,684 posts, read 1,829,154 times
Quote:
Hate how all the good concerts are in DFW/Houstin/Austin
This is one I agree with. Was so nice when the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater was around. Great concerts, great seats. Now it seems only the huge major artists come to town and they come to the AT&T center at a higher price than Verizon ever was. Either that or you get someone like a Poison (just to grab a name out of thin air) who still manages to draw but they put them in Sunken Gardens or Sunset Station. 30 years after the Who tragedy Cincinnati general admission concerts are still a death trap.

Unread 06-17-2010, 09:38 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,461,601 times
What I love about San Antonio is acabarment's post.

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSanAntonio View Post
You MUST be from California. Please leave.
its not that this person is from california, its just theres better cities than San Antonio.

Unread 06-18-2010, 11:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa dave View Post
i googled montevideo and found this...now if only i could put cheese on them....
better than those SA chicks. lol

Unread 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,461,601 times
I'm sure Uruguay has more to offer than San Antonio does plus their soccer team doing pretty good in the World Cup right now. Thanks for your post acabarment! - it made my day with a good laugh.

Unread 06-20-2010, 05:21 PM

9,741 posts, read 8,467,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydee View Post
-Hate how all the old neighborhoods and houses look like crap but have nice shiny cars in the drive ways and flatscreen that can be seen through dirty windows
I always think is funny when people say this,
that's called "freedom"
freedom to spend your money on whatever you want.

I guess you rather live in a place where you are told by other people how much money you can spend on your car and your TV.

Unread 07-24-2010, 12:13 AM

1,131 posts, read 834,116 times
Default "San Antonio......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_94COBRA View Post
Title says it all. What do you love the most and hate the most about San Antonio? I'd appreciate all replies from long time residents to new transplants.
Oh, man.....I love so much of the classic artistic ideas and endless works of various kinds of art: musical, painted, welded, woven, performed, photo'd, architectural, etc.....

Restrained eater that I am, I still do love much of the food; varied cultures.....in my own Mortally-Finite Time I have certainly seen this city change in so many ways over the years.....I am definitely all about Progressive Change all-around, aye.....but there is definitely much Tradition which will always Eternally-Rock and never go out of style, yeah.....

San Antonio has a great many hot, lovely, beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, fine, classy, adorable, cute, pretty women of all sorts.....

I love trees so much. Beautiful trees are everywhere. Rivers and creeks.....

So many undeniably-great things.....

But I daresay that in the universe there are definitely Timelessly-OmniPresent Dark Things too, yes.....

And I have definitely noticed that for so many, that one movie quote *IS* often quite certainly true:

*"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"* -Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio