Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 09:51 PM

18,045 posts, read 25,094,259 times

Advertisements

I'll say the one thing that I hate about San Antonio that nobody has mentioned.
- Almost zero good secondary roads to get cars off the highways.

Everybody drives on the highways because the secondary roads are just normal streets with the exception of Wurzback Parkway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,611,594 times
thick women (most are just fat though.. but there is a healthy selection of actual thick women here)
decent authentic mexican cuisine (check out Ernestos)
everything i like is within driving distance
broadway (the area i live in) has a robust and diverse population, which is not the norm for this city(usually its wall to wall hispanic/mexican stuff that gets boring, FAST).

hates:

most of the city is a ghetto.
drivers here are idiots when it rains, or heaven forbid, snows/ices over
small cities within cities (balcones heights, bandera, etc etc)
most 'mexican' restaurants have crappy food here.
most of the fat women who call themselves thick are just fat.
the amount of crotchfruits that parents take to walmart at 2am. this city is deplorable when it comes to good parenting.
too many stray dogs (dont mind stray cats. cats rule!)

Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM

52 posts, read 152,268 times
Love:
The people - Very nice, outgoing, simplistic.
Shopping - Very good compared to other places

Dislike:
The appearance - This town looks so nasty when you drive through it. It's like going through a desert with nasty, old, unkept buildings. At least during the day. At night, it's better lol

Downtown - Being from Austin, I like to think I could go downtown and be a free-spirit. Yet downtown is just nasty. It smells, it is spread apart, and the architecture is too southwestern. It needs to be modernized. I like UTSA's building downtown and the Alamodome, but that's it! Everything else just looks gross. Plus there are a lot of middle/high school kids that hang around at the Rivercenter mall and just talk trash all day. It is irritating.

I personally stay on the Northwestern side (UTSA) and seldom leave this area. I enjoy 1604 from UTSA to IH 35 .... Nice shopping places, very clean.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 AM

8 posts, read 9,982 times
I've been reading through all the postings on what people love/hate about SA and I really liked your post and how you chose to look at SA. I am looking at moving to SA myself pretty soon and I too am from the SF bay area. Having traveled much too, I do agree with some of what the lady "LX"something - (pardon me) did say. You accepted SA for what it has to offer in all it's uniqueness as I think you have done with all the other cities you have visited. BTW, been to all the places you mentioned too. I hope that I will get to see SA the way you do once I move there.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,330,862 times
I hate the bugs! I hate the bugs! I hate the bugs!

Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,258,994 times
It's funny but one of the things I missed most about TX was the access roads. NC doesn't have them at all so if you miss your exit you have to drive another 10 minutes to get back or sometimes can't get back at all without going all the way through some town.

I hate bugs bugs bugs too which is funny considering I was born in Kerrville and you would think I'd be used to them by now. On the other hand I had some traumatic experiences with roaches and cicada as a child so maybe that's the problem. I'd get help but I know they'd make me touch the nasty things so...

Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM

18,045 posts, read 25,094,259 times
After going to Houston for a few days, all I can say is WOW.
This is the biggest thing I notice.... seems like in Houston they like to build infrastructure before the area gets crowded.

In San Antonio.... how long is it going to take for anybody to fix the I410-I35 or the I-10-1604 intersections?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 PM

151 posts, read 192,648 times
I hate the way the spurs lost game 4 @ memphis

Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 PM

4,287 posts, read 7,991,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
thick women (most are just fat though.. but there is a healthy selection of actual thick women here)
decent authentic mexican cuisine (check out Ernestos)
everything i like is within driving distance
broadway (the area i live in) has a robust and diverse population, which is not the norm for this city(usually its wall to wall hispanic/mexican stuff that gets boring, FAST).

hates:

most of the city is a ghetto.
drivers here are idiots when it rains, or heaven forbid, snows/ices over
small cities within cities (balcones heights, bandera, etc etc)
most 'mexican' restaurants have crappy food here.
most of the fat women who call themselves thick are just fat.
the amount of crotchfruits that parents take to walmart at 2am. this city is deplorable when it comes to good parenting.
too many stray dogs (dont mind stray cats. cats rule!)

"crotchfruits". That's my new favorite word!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 733,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
After going to Houston for a few days, all I can say is WOW.
This is the biggest thing I notice.... seems like in Houston they like to build infrastructure before the area gets crowded.

In San Antonio.... how long is it going to take for anybody to fix the I410-I35 or the I-10-1604 intersections?
I guess you missed the 10/99 intersection in Houston. Eerily similar to 1604/281 here. Both now underway with bridged connectors years after the intersections have already outgrown the current design of going through traffic lights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio