Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 10:53 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,114,828 times

Advertisements

That was my third guess, Saph!

Moderator cut: English only per site ToS please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,615,164 times
Back to the love hate stuff when it comes to S.A please folks...we seem to have veered a tad off track. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:23 PM

27 posts, read 77,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
Back to the love hate stuff when it comes to S.A please folks...we seem to have veered a tad off track. Thanks.

I love/hate San Antonio's appetite for sensational local news stories!

Old 07-18-2008, 10:07 AM

42 posts, read 108,604 times
Quote:
Germany
You probably won't like the climate. Winters are so long and gloomy in this part of Europe that you will miss the sun for sure. It is one of the reasons I consider moving to Austin or SA, although your post gave me some food for thought.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:41 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,976,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaydee View Post
Actually I drive a miata that runs on biofuel. So if you see a mazda miata in front of you that smells like french fries or spring rolls, that is me!

Thanks for wishing me luck, I am thinking of moving to austin or berlin(wishes for berlin)
Do you also take you MAC book to starbucks and listen to IPOD while you eat you sugar free vegan frendly Banana nut bread?

Old 07-18-2008, 10:44 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,976,106 times
I hate how we have residents that complain about everything. They will not move nor try to make the place a better. A sorry group of folks that live here. luckily it is a SMALL group.

Quote:
I love/hate San Antonio's appetite for sensational local news stories!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:09 AM

109 posts, read 386,337 times
Phaydee,
Unfortunately you are going to get alot of what you 'hate' everywhere you go. I disagree about the Spurs comment as well as the architecture comment. There is alot of good architecture, new and old, throughout the city. AND, a helpful hint, it is NOT wise to refer to the Alamo as "that stupid alamo". That was VERY disrespectful.

Oh, also, the city has already started distributing recycle cans to residences in San Antonio. If you wait around, you will probably receive one. If you can't wait...you can go.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,523,155 times
Quote:
-Hate the humidity
-Hate the people that call this a multi-cultural town when there is just one culture, "fake mexican" or "tex-mex"

-Hate people say this is the best town yet have never lived(or traveled) anywhere else
I can not wait to move out of here

Humidity...Try living in Houston. This is nothing.
Cultural...I've lived in many places and by far I have met more people from all over the world here in San Antonio than anywhere else.
Since I have lived in cities like, Atlanta, Dallas, NY, and Memphis, I can tell you that this by far is the best town. Plenty to offer, great weather, affordable cost of living, great schools, and so forth.

And don't put down The Alamo.

Can't wait to go.....Happy Trails to you.

"You can all go to Hell, I'm going to Texas"...quote by Davy Crockett.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,786,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Humidity...Try living in Houston. This is nothing.
I find it funny that folks in Austin & San Antonio always seem to bring up Houston when it comes to humidity. Always.

Look up weather stats. Houston is a whole 10% average higher humidity than these. Not that much higher.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:01 PM

109 posts, read 386,337 times
10% more humid can feel like alot.

More humidity = hotter/more miserable feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio