U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2009, 05:34 PM

3,705 posts, read 5,037,597 times

Advertisements

I saw "Up" today....great movie! I loved it and shockingly my kids sat through the whole thing (so that proves its a good movie ) I was really skeptical at first, an old man, an annoying kid, and some balloons????, but it was really well written and of course the animation was awesome. Pixar just rocks! I read theres gonna be a "Toy Story 3!"

Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Status: "moving back to SA so I can rightfully post here" (set 10 days ago)

13,639 posts, read 21,891,600 times
I want to see that, but I'm seriously waiting for Where the Wild Things Are. I can NOT wait! It looks so good...

Old 05-29-2009, 06:15 PM

This mother of the year needs to be charged with royal stupidity and if there is any chance her kid is still alive, she needs to lose custody permanently. Who in their right mind befriends not only one, but 2 sex offenders and allows them near their 5 year old daughter--and allows her daughter to look upon one as a "father figure"??????
Sex Offender Eyed by Police Was 'Father Figure' to Missing Girl, Says Mother - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Old 05-29-2009, 06:54 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,894,103 times
ok, that reminds me of one of the latest Family Dad episodes where Stan is dancing for some reason and a kid walks up to him and starts dancing with him. The kids mom then yells something like this to him: "Get over here Bobby! That's why you keep getting molested!". I know that's a bit sick, but it was freaking hilarious
and I think Up! looks great and pretty funny too. I don't think Pixar can make a bad movie and Toy Story 3 will be digital 3D and that's going to be sweet
as far as Where the Wild Things Are.. one of my all-time favorite books, but I can't see how they're going to make a movie out of it. The book was mostly drawings and very short.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Have you seen the previews? I think they can do amazingly well with a movie version, so I hope I'm not disappointed. It's such a great book.

And speaking of great books, has anyone read the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency....or any of the rest of the series? I have fallen in love with Mma Ramotswe and I'm on the 2nd book. Then I noticed a few weeks back that it is now a series on HBO, and the woman playing Mma is just as I pictured her to be in the book. I keep forgetting to check and see when it's on, but I absolutely LOVE the books so far. I will go to Botswana one day.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:27 PM

608 posts, read 1,202,649 times
Is Up not depressing? I hear the man and his wife suffer a miscarriage, she dies on him...is that a short part of the movie?

Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 PM

5,567 posts, read 9,537,215 times
Somoene posted this interesting picture gallery in the main TEXAS forum. Pretty incredible:

How can anyone live like this? (pics)

Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM

Yeah, I've seen those pics before. uke:

They were on another forum and someone thought they were photoshopped since the trash was so "clean". Dunno, either way, gross.

hahaha .. that smiley was supposed to say puke but apparently a colon and a p makes the little tongue sticker outer.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:05 AM

3,705 posts, read 5,037,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
Is Up not depressing? I hear the man and his wife suffer a miscarriage, she dies on him...is that a short part of the movie?
It is a bit sad, has its moments - but I wouldnt call it depressing, it had plenty of endearing, funny moments. The parts including the old man and his wife are pretty short. The best thing about Pixar movies is that they always have plotlines that grownups can get into as well as the goofy, action fun stuff kids like.

I am looking forward to "Where the Wild Things Are" too! My son loves the book and based on what I've seen in the previews it seems like its gonna be pretty awesome.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 AM

3,105 posts, read 6,212,350 times
We went to the infamous mexican restaurant in Helotes last night. Most of you know that I am not a fan of this place but with everyone on CD always saying it is great I decided to give it another chance. Well........ I am three for three and NOT going back.
I ordered the chili relleno (sp?) BLAH!! I only took two bites. My dh ordered some chicken dish and he didn't finish it (very unusual for him not to finish).
To begin with when we all got our food (6 in our party), we didn't have any silverware. We asked the waitress and she brought it in about 5 minutes. She was very slow with everything she did. She filled up by dh's sprite glass with water.

The one good thing was the tortillas. They were soft and fresh.
I just don't get how there are SO MANY cars there all the time.
The place was MUCH better before the expansion. Mamacita's has them beat hands down, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio