U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2009, 01:20 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,828,049 times

Advertisements

that woman just needs to get rid of herself. How can anyone live knowing they did that to a little baby? the stupid drunks need to all die and die quick. it is so tempting to do the right thing when you know their name and location..

anyhow, this heat sucks a$$. I've been outside since around 6:30 AM and I think all the water is gone from my body. I've been drinking water and am now sucking down a Gatorade, but this stuff is just stupid.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:33 PM

4,794 posts, read 10,067,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Troubles remain. Because of brain damage, Ava remains partly blind and cannot walk, crawl or sit up. She must drink liquids slowly to avoid lung problems.

Julie Ann Bronson, also a resident of Rogers Ranch, remains free on bond and is charged with two counts of intoxication assault and two counts of failure to stop and render aid.

This lady should thank God everyday that Ava isn't MY daughter.
what is wrong with that JUDGE???? I suppose releasing her name to the public will be certain misery in her daily life that she would be protected from in prison. Yeah....I think the community will show their own disgust. I just hope the judge thought carefully about the consequences to other innocent people that will be around this woman when someone is mad enough to run her over.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Status: "moving back to SA so I can rightfully post here" (set 3 days ago)

13,631 posts, read 21,810,061 times
See, I think opposite from you, Cat....if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If more people are publicly called out when they cause all that pain and harm to an innocent child whose only "mistake" was to be in her own front yard, well maybe ONE person will think before they drink. I'm with pertygirl--she needs to be glad that wasn't MY kid. I have ZERO sympathy for that woman.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 PM
djw

951 posts, read 1,938,656 times
Does anyone know of a stated Sea World policy for age of unsupervised admission? I searched all over the website and didn't find anything.
I'm asking because after I dropped off three 14yr olds at the park earlier today, I got a phone call saying they weren't allowed in. The park guy (a ticket booth agent) I talked to could only tell me "they told us to start telling kids under 18 that they had to have adult supervision to enter the park..."
When I mentioned that the age limit isn't on the website (I was bluffing...) and that they got in yesterday with no problem, he finally gave the third kid his ticket (other two had passes) and said they'd have to take their chances at the security entrance. They got in. Just like they did yesterday and the day before that....
Anyone ever had similiar issue?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:19 PM

I put a cold air intake (K&N) on my truck this morning and I think I'm going to start getting even worse mileage.. I wasn't impressed with it when I turned it on in the garage, but it's a whole 'nother story when you hit it on the road. It now sounds like a train heading for you and I think my drives might get a lot better. People are now getting out of my way when I come up behind them, except the stupid girl on the cell phone of course. Same one that almost hit a suburban because she changed lanes without looking or taking her ear off the phone. I was kind hoping they would hold their ground because she was going to go flying.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 PM

Just asked my daughter and there is a policy, but only a SeaWorld employee would know it. She said it's hardly enforced, but they're not supposed to sell tickets to kids under 16 and she said they most often won't sell them to kids when they're in a group with no adults. That's probably why the three 14 year olds were singled out.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM

4,794 posts, read 10,067,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
See, I think opposite from you, Cat....if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If more people are publicly called out when they cause all that pain and harm to an innocent child whose only "mistake" was to be in her own front yard, well maybe ONE person will think before they drink. I'm with pertygirl--she needs to be glad that wasn't MY kid. I have ZERO sympathy for that woman.
No...we're on the same page. She should be in jail! I'm just thinking plan b isn't going to be a picnic for this woman either. She may wake up to some vigilante group in her front yard each morning. She won't be hard to find by the media and the public.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 PM
djw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Just asked my daughter and there is a policy, but only a SeaWorld employee would know it. She said it's hardly enforced, but they're not supposed to sell tickets to kids under 16 and she said they most often won't sell them to kids when they're in a group with no adults. That's probably why the three 14 year olds were singled out.
ahhh, that makes sense...kinda. The one kid was using a buddy pass. The employee is the sister of kid #2, who was also in the group. So yeah, they had to go to the ticket booth today - but the sister was at work so that may have ultimately helped things.

The guy told me 18, though. And I thought that odd and kinda called his bluff since I knew it wasn't on the website. Can't imagine a group of 17yr olds driving themselves and being turned away 'cuz they don't have parents with them.
Thanks for asking your daughter! Now we'll know to have the passes ahead of time! Or at least go to the ticket booth with them.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:14 PM

I bet there are a lot of lobsters walking out of SeaWorld right now. I spent most of my time in the shade and garage, but still got quite a bit of color. This is shaping up to be an awful summer

Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 PM
djw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I bet there are a lot of lobsters walking out of SeaWorld right now. I spent most of my time in the shade and garage, but still got quite a bit of color. This is shaping up to be an awful summer
Well, my kiddo is walking out barefoot apparently. Someone nabbed his water shoes at the slides. Kids! Told him to get a locker! Now instead of $5 on a locker, he's spending $15 on shoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio